BUILD THREAD 1982 Malibu Wa-GOON 6.2/4L80e/8.5

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I know when I was building my brakes I tried running a master like that and not only was the angle of it so poor that it was not level at all,I had What thought was a bleeding issue.I talked to them they said the master(abet new in box) was bad and they didn't sell a rebuild kit for it(again they didn't care that it was new)and had to be rebuilt in house.😄
the angle of it all really turned me off.
I ended up with a different unit and it solved my problem. I hope your experience is better than mine.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I know when I was building my brakes I tried running a master like that and not only was the angle of it so poor that it was not level at all,I had What thought was a bleeding issue.I talked to them they said the master(abet new in box) was bad and they didn't sell a rebuild kit for it(again they didn't care that it was new)and had to be rebuilt in house.😄
the angle of it all really turned me off.
I ended up with a different unit and it solved my problem. I hope your experience is better than mine.
Thats why I have the brakes I do, I had a bad experience with Willwood myself

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Misfitmike63

Apprentice
Apr 11, 2023
Well, seems like the new master solved the brake issue. Just have to get the car moving again, and I can test it. I drained the coolant to fix a leak at the thermostat, and haven’t had a chance to refill it yet. I also swapped in a new idler pulley, hopefully that is the source of my squeal. If not, the power steering pump is next.
IMG_0088.jpeg

Also swapped in an old set of edelbrock valve covers on Pedro’s 355, hoping to solve some oil leak issues.
IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpeg
    IMG_0086.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor