8.5 Grand National Rear End for sale

Trader history (0)

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
I've never owned or ran either prior to this purchase and this diff still sits on my floor awaiting attention, but the GN is an 8.5" ring vs the smaller 7.5" or 7 5/8" MCSS, the GN axles are 28 spline vs 26, the driveshaft will need to be 7/8" - 1" shorter, Eaton units are rebuildable and Auburn is not. Like I said, I'm brand new to these things myself so I'm not a great source. There are some excellent sources on this very forum though.

This thread has some decent info.

These forums do as well.

View attachment 238790 View attachment 238791 View attachment 238788 View attachment 238789
I had no idea man, i honestly just figured you'd say, the width and the locker were different or something. That's a whole different animal altogether though. Eaton is top notch imo. I've owed one (clutch type, 4.11's) for many years with zero issue. Probably should have looked into it before I asked and saved you some time. I do greatly appreciate the time you took to educate me. I've worked on what my bones register as about a 2many cars at this point in my career but as luck would have it, I've never laid hands on a GN in a shop where I could take a peak at all the goodies in detail or in the air. Thanks man.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor