Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Ok so i figured i would separate this from the other posts about clear headlights etc.

So i already have 4 glass replacement e code housings on the way to ditch my sealed beams. In my truck i run HID in my Hi-Beams and Fog lights and Run a 9005 Hi Beam Bulb Modified to fit the 9006 socket of my Low-Beams to keep from blinding other drivers.

Now my question is for the buick should i stick with h4 lights in all 4 with bright bulbs like the osrams or the phillips xtremes with an upgraded harness such as:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRM-01-133/

or go with a full HID retrofit kit with Bi-Xenon lows and regular HID bulbs in the Hi-Beams. I know that there is significant glare for other drivers and want to be safe.

now i know the answers i will get are going to be very opinionated, but i still wanted to hear what yall have to say. Please Explain the reasoning behind your vote, as im sure it will help others down the road. Is the HID fad worth it in the end? i know i love HID fogs and Highs but they only get used on back roads with no one else around so not endangering anyone and man can i see, tons of sidelight but no defined beam being in a reflector housing.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have used the halogen and now I have the HID and I will never never use anything other than HID in my G body. It has nothing to do with the look of HID, it has everything to do with lighting up the road in front of me. As far as cost the HID lasts considerably longer than the halogen so the costs difference between the two is negligible.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
yeah the amount of light in my truck is unreal. i was just wondering what the light output looks like out of your car essentially. it seems the topic goes both ways.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
for me there is no comparison with the halogen and HID. The halogen lites are better then the sealed beam but the light does not light up the off to the side of the car like the HID's do. The first set of bi-xenon lights I bought cost me over $350 and after putting them in I wasn't worried about the price. Now it's a 1/3 of that price so you can see where I'm coming from. It's a cheap upgrade...

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Trust me i love HID lights its simply amazing of wha youcan see lol. what i really want to see is how it looks at night lol. So take me some pictures lol. im good with wiring, it just stumps me on hooking them up to the 3 prong plugs simply because i dont want to chop up my harness.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
this is the wiring for your headlights....black wire is ground, brown is low beam and green is high beam...I'll get some pictures tonite

79malibubbctt

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2011
cb, ia
I just converted to hid myself. I used autopol e code housings. I then used h4 bi-exon hid bulbs. Ten times brighter and will never go back to halogen again.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
79malibubbctt said:
I just converted to hid myself. I used autopol e code housings. I then used h4 bi-exon hid bulbs. Ten times brighter and will never go back to halogen again.

got any pics of the setup, how you wired etc?

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
you already have my bootleg wiring diagram, here's my lights

PICT0052.jpg

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
MMMM bright. now what i want to know is with pontiacgps setup whats the difference between the h1 and the h4 housing? i had ordered 4 h4 housings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor