Official GBF @ Carlisle GM Nationals 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

OK folks. Looks like we're doing this for real. All the information is available via the official site, just click the big logo ^^ up there. The show is in Carlisle, PA, June 20-22. I know its not exactly "central," but this is one of the big ones.

Here's the thing: We need 25 confirmed GBodyForum.com "show field" registrations to pull this off. Just 25. By May 20. That's just under four months away. No problem. When we get to that point, we'll have a "club tent" to get out of the shade and hang out and stuff.

The link to register your car is here: http://store.carlisleevents.com/Product ... e=2014-031

Make SURE you select GBODYFORUM.COM in the GM Club field on the registration form. If you've already registered without a club affiliation.... I don't know for sure, but I imagine you could probably get yourself added to the roll. I really don't know.

Register a vehicle for the 2014 GM Nationals Showfield. To qualify for the 10% Gate-N-Go pre-registration discount and have your entry window sticker mailed to you, please pre-register prior to May 19th, 2014 at midnight EST. Discount is applied at checkout. Registration includes weekend admission for two people. After registering, a receipt will be emailed to you - please bring this receipt to the event. If you belong to a club, enter the full club name. Please do not abbreviate the club name.

Again: http://store.carlisleevents.com/Product ... e=2014-031

Once you're registered, I'd be grateful if you'd post in this thread saying so. That way we can keep a running total.

I will also post any additional information in this thread. Thanks and can't wait to see you guys there!

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
thepcsurgeon said:
Nice job, thanks for the hard work in making this happen.

It's been easy until now. Now comes the hard part! :mrgreen:

So, assuming we have a decent showing, what about our tent/den of iniquity? We won't be selling anything, that's against the rules and it makes sense from their end, don't want to be undercutting the vendors and all that... But I'm sure we can figure something out.

I noticed on the registration page (see above) that there are camping spots available. Anyone done this? Is it relatively decent or a royal PITA with crap going on every night all night and people messing with your stuff and such? I've been in both spots, sooo....

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
I hope to be down there this year if I can get my overdrive transmission in before the event.

Also how will this work? When they park cars on the show field they do it by year make and model. Like my El Camino will not be next to a Monte Carlo. We both have are own section for the event. So I am a little confused on this.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
'81 Grand Prix LJ said:
Tuggy's got a good point!! How will we be parked?? I'd vote for at least a full row just for GP's...That'd be nice and cool! LOL!! Always wanted to see mine with his little brothers!!! LOL!!

This I have no idea. I'm sure stuff like this will come together closer to show time. But I can't give you a real answer right now. I've never been to one of these so I can't say how they line everyone up.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
GP403 said:
'81 Grand Prix LJ said:
Tuggy's got a good point!! How will we be parked?? I'd vote for at least a full row just for GP's...That'd be nice and cool! LOL!! Always wanted to see mine with his little brothers!!! LOL!!

This I have no idea. I'm sure stuff like this will come together closer to show time. But I can't give you a real answer right now. I've never been to one of these so I can't say how they line everyone up.

Cars at the gm nats get sorted by chassis type on the show field. They have a gn/t type section but I'm not sure if it's a club or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor