Monte went to Body Shop Today!!! All Done4-19-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Well today is finally the day that I took my Monte to the bodyshop!!! I will be having the Goodmark 2" Cowl hood put on, SS Monte Spoiler put on the rear........Getting another header panel put on ( Previous owner hot a deer and cracked it), All new Bumper Trim/side moldings,and a few dings here and there taken care of....I originally only wanted to do a few things here and there and as I was talking to the Body Man I suggested that as my car was gonna be there, how much extra to paint the while thing......The price was too good to pass up!!! I can't wait until it's done...Hell, I've had the cowl hood in my garage for the past three years :blam: I'll post some pics when she's all done 8)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Re: Monte went to Body Shop Today!!!!

mines going in on the weekend, strip the paint down to the metal, repair a quarter panel, change the window sweeps, change t-top metal and rubber, and paint it matte blue..then the rear end gets changed for the 8.2 with 3.08 posi with disk brakes....I have a client who owes me some $$$, about 4000 of them and he's a body guy with access to a shop so he's paying off some of the account with some labor and supplies...

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA

what color are you going with? should look killer with that hood on there 8)

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York

3XBrownCutty said:
what color are you going with? should look killer with that hood on there 8)
Keeping it the same color it is now...........The brown grew on the boss, I mean Wife:)

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA

nice! 8)

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal

is it hard to put on a cowl scoop on the regular hood do u know whats the process they would do

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York

86_olds said:
is it hard to put on a cowl scoop on the regular hood do u know whats the process they would do
I bought a complete cowl hood from Goodmark.....The aftermarket cowl could be done, but you gotta be pretty handy and know what your doing...It's alot of work...If your considering a cowl and can afford it, buy a complete bolt on hood...Mine was $450.00 from Goodmark.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York

tc1959 said:
Tell me you are going to do the air cleaner too, please 8)
Eventually I will......... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor