78-80 Grand Am reproduction Turn Lens POLL

How many pairs of 78-80 Grand Am reproduction turn lenes would you buy?

• I would buy 1 pair

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I would buy 2 pair

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I would buy 3 pair

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I would buy 4 pair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would buy 5 pair

• I would buy 6 pair

• I would buy 7 pair

• I would buy 10 pair

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Ok 1978, 1979 and 1980 Pontiac Grand Am owners, we have and urgent request for votes.
There is a possibility that we may be able to have the front turn lens reproduced for our cars.
This is totally dependent on the potential sales of these lenses.
This is nowhere near finalized as we are just gauging interest at this point.
We all know the production numbers aren't as high as other cars that are getting parts made, so we need to step up now if we want to have any chance at all for reproduction parts.

The early estimate for price I've been given is ~$100 for a pair of lenses. These are the amber and white side turn lenses, not the white front parking light.
I've received several emails inquiring about these lenses. I just don't' have enough for my cars, so I haven't been able to sell any.

Even if you don't need them, you will need them.
The headlight bezels can be re-chromed (pot metal) but when the turn lens is broken, it's toast.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Well, it looks like I messed up the poll when I went to edit the choices.
So, if you entered a choice in the previous poll, please re-enter it.
I've received a few emails from people that couldn't log in (new users)
So I've added their selection to my 5
We're a long way from making this happen folks...

I'll tally posts and emails not included in the poll here.:

Steve 1 pair ca
Jorge 1 pair fl
John A 1 pair
John G 2 pair
Mark R 2 pair tn
Eddie S 1 pair oh
Lyn 1 pair perf yrs
rock 1 pair perf yrs
Wes 1 pair

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
BuickOldsPontiac said:
Dumb question time. Are these different than the turn lenses for the Lemans and Grand Lemans? If they are different would they still fit a Lemans?

These are 78-80 Grand Am specific.
The Lemans and Grand Lemans would be different. They are more rectangular where the Grand Am is more triangular and dosn't have a seperate bezel.
I think these are actually different for each year of the Lemans. 78,79,80 and 81 all use a different lens, bezel and different head light bezel. At least the Grand Am uses the same Turn lens, park light and headlight bezel for 3 consecutive years. :wink:

Doug, I'm not sure about the chrome piece. We're trying to see what the demand is to see if it makes sense to even make these.
I would hope the chrome piece would be made too since it really sets of the lens.

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    707.1 KB · Views: 878

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
grandamman said:
BuickOldsPontiac said:
Dumb question time. Are these different than the turn lenses for the Lemans and Grand Lemans? If they are different would they still fit a Lemans?

These are 78-80 Grand Am specific.
The Lemans and Grand Lemans would be different. They are more rectangular where the Grand Am is more triangular and dosn't have a seperate bezel.
I think these are actually different for each year of the Lemans. 78,79,80 and 81 all use a different lens, bezel and different head light bezel. At least the Grand Am uses the same Turn lens, park light and headlight bezel for 3 consecutive years. :wink:

Doug, I'm not sure about the chrome piece. We're trying to see what the demand is to see if it makes sense to even make these.
I would hope the chrome piece would be made too since it really sets of the lens.

Thanks Kent!

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
As much i would love to see parts done for the A-Gbody Pontiac i was told they weren't as popular as other g bodie's.... :cry: I gave up on parts being made for them as well! I tried to get my grilles redone and they were $$ :shock: I did manage to find a NOS upper grille for my 85 BUT i still need the lowers!! i think the center console would be a money maker!! :mrgreen: A while back we rallied for tobyp to make GP parts and no true answer's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor