79 BuWaGone

Status
Not open for further replies.

1980Bu2Dr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2013
Sweet build man....I am in the same boat as you with new kid and not so much money to spend on my Bu...Still fun to mess with though and cruise in for sure! I really like your gauge cluster, may have to look into doing something similar. Gotta find me some bucket seats for my Bu....that looks sharp!

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
1980Bu2Dr said:
Sweet build man....I am in the same boat as you with new kid and not so much money to spend on my Bu...Still fun to mess with though and cruise in for sure! I really like your gauge cluster, may have to look into doing something similar. Gotta find me some bucket seats for my Bu....that looks sharp!

Thanks man, as tight as my budget is, free time to work on the wagon is even more scarce than money. I just got my water temp last week but have had the time to make a panel for the water, volt and oil, help the only gauge I have that is actually working is the fuel level.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Had a couple hour to work on the wagon today so I decided to pull my dash. Found a couple areas that are leaking water into my interior. Gonna also try do some work on the A/C ducting, swap steering columns and install my Monte SS dash. But we'll see how long all that takes, lol

Attachments

• de31e8dd-d3ea-4d0d-8d15-41b47bdf31aa.jpg
    de31e8dd-d3ea-4d0d-8d15-41b47bdf31aa.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 634

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Got to work on the wagon before the sunset. So I removed the rest of the ducting to look for the water leak from the passenger side when it rains. Found some major rust behind the ducting. Looks like I'll have to rmove the A/C bow and windshield to get to the rust. Probably cut away some metal too.

Also picked up my cousin's 406 short block from the machine shop. Got it painted, stabbed in the cam and put in the timing chain and cover. The cover in the pic was used as a masking. Put on a brand new cover after

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    158 KB · Views: 537
  • rust.jpg
    rust.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 546

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
It really sucks that it's been raining every weekend for the last month, especially when the weather is nice during the week. I did get some 15x6 and 15x8 Vette rallys. I would like to paint them black and install chrome police center caps. Hopefully I get a nice Saturday soon so I can tackle the rust on the fire wall.

Attachments

• wagon on rallys.jpg
    wagon on rallys.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 460

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
I finally had the weather and my free time line up to where I could spend the day at my friend's house and check out exactly how bad the rust on my firewall is. So I have to coordinate with my friend so I can have the windshield removed and take the wagon up to his house to fix the rust over a weekend and have it reassembled and ready to go home by Sunday of the same weekend. Oh, the joys of not having a garage, car port or even a assigned parking.

Attachments

• de31e8dd-d3ea-4d0d-8d15-41b47bdf31aa.jpg
    de31e8dd-d3ea-4d0d-8d15-41b47bdf31aa.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 410

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
I was happy with the Rally's but when my friend offered his Draglites I had to get the, I just think G-bodies look awesome on them. Fronts are 15x3 1/2 with 165 rtires and rears are 15x8 with 3 1/2 BS and 255/60/15 tires

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 370

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
I just threw my gauge panel together and gonna put in my dash and wire up the gauges even though I haven't finished the rust repairs or painted the dash tan. Next month I have to take the wagon it for our annual safety inspection and has to have a operational gauge cluster to pass the inspection. Mainly a speedo and turn signal indicator.

Attachments

• securedownloadgauges.jpg
    securedownloadgauges.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 309
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor