'83 Regal LTD build *9/17 update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
Re: '83 Regal LTD build !!!IT'S ALIVE!!!

HEY RITTER THE BUILD LOOKS GOOD AS YOU KNOW IM DONE WITH MINE BUT LOOKING AT YOURS IM ON TO NEXT PROJECT, 1981 EL CAMINO I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

Thanks guys, for all the comments and help along the way :mrgreen:

Is it bad that I am ready to tear the car apart and start my restoration now :| I will probably go ahead and drive it through this summer and start tearing the car apart in the fall :twisted:

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago

no really its a good thing, enjoy your car for the summer thats what im going to do. im going back with the stock valve covers because the chrome one on the passenger side the breather will not clear the ac box.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

Well, I didn't even make it to the summer ... I removed my dash and started sorting through the factory wiring nest :x Removing the unused wiring and air duct from behind the dash. The foam/vinyl covering is being removed and I will be making some significant changes to the design of the dash. After the changes are complete, I will recover the dash with fiberglass mat/resin for a nice smooth type auto body finish.

A sneek peek at an idea I have for the redesign ... remove the radio/heat control section and build a center console that will come down to the bench seat. So it'll be a one piece dash/center console unit :twisted:

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
Re: '83 Regal LTD build *interior*

So have you taken it out and beat on it? How does she run? 6000 RPM yet? lol

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI

Believe me from experience. Hes going to be very cautious about it haha. I bet it will be a couple months before it sees anything over the break in RPM :mrgreen: Cant say I blame him though :rofl:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

LS1GN said:
So have you taken it out and beat on it? How does she run? 6000 RPM yet? lol
Nope, it's only seen about 4000 RPM so far. I have a nasty oil leak at the back of the intake and my mix-matched pulleys don't align and shredded a single rib off the 6 rib sepentine belt. So wHile the dash is out I will remove the intake and redo the front and rear seals.

topendperformance

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2012

So when u say replace the front and rear seals on the intake i take it u used the rubber seals? And if so that is why it is leaking titterbug :mrgreen: A nice bead of rtv is what it takes,dont u listen to anything me and chris tell ya :wtf: hehe

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI

Oh man no way, beej is here.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

topendperformance said:
So when u say replace the front and rear seals on the intake i take it u used the rubber seals? And if so that is why it is leaking titterbug :mrgreen: A nice bead of rtv is what it takes,dont u listen to anything me and chris tell ya :wtf: hehe
No, I did not use the rubber seals. But I am thinking about using them if I can't get this to seal :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor