Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Will it fit that wheel presently?

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
Will it fit that wheel presently?
I can only get a 10 inch wheel on it now even with the frame notched to the max. Theres so much sidewall roll with the 10 inch wheel, I think thats causing some of the drivability issues.
BTW the guys at Tin Soldiers are awesome, super nice guys and willing to help anyway they can. Their parts are top notch also.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
What wheel/tire size are you trying to run?

What tire/size is on it now?

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
What wheel/tire size are you trying to run?

What tire/size is on it now?
It’s got a 15x10 inch wheel on it with a 28x10.5 Mickey slick on it.
I want to run a 15x 14 wheel with the same tire. It will have less sidewall roll and a better contact patch with the wider rim.

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
Today I start tearing this hunk a junk apart.
Things that need to get done
back half
new rear
new tubs
radiator in the trunk area
log travel front shock towers
new front shocks
new brodix aluminum block
make new headers

Reactions: 1 users

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
Well I took the front and rear suspension out of the car. I guess the g body frame isnt made for a bunch of power lol. My frame is twisted like a pretzel where the lower torque boxed are welded in, floor board is bashed in from the torque boxes hitting. I will try to post some pictures. This may be some of the drivability issues i was having.

Reactions: 1 users

Jdam

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2018
This has been a chore. Front end is done. Rear of the car is all cut out and 4 link brackets installed. All the parts are in for the new motor except the block,2 more weeks till its here. Im still cutting and bending tubing for the backhalf. Ill try to post some pictures.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This has been a chore. Front end is done. Rear of the car is all cut out and 4 link brackets installed. All the parts are in for the new motor except the block,2 more weeks till its here. Im still cutting and bending tubing for the backhalf. Ill try to post some pictures.
I thought you already had a Merlot setup in the rear?

I’m in for the pics too including the damage only for own selfish reasons (I’m adding support in my rear area presently.)

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor