Carb to fuel injection

bneumann0

n00b
Feb 16, 2024
I have a 1985 monte SS. It has a 327 with a holley 650 carburetor. I want to switch to fuel injection, what's the best complete kit to buy?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Holley sniper

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Best way to convert to EFI is to get a complete OEM EFI system out of a donor like TPI. Aftermarket EFI is not the same quality as OEM in more modern cars like you are more used too. A good Qjet setup correctly will drive just as well as EFI anyway.

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Best way to convert to EFI is to get a complete OEM EFI system out of a donor like TPI. Aftermarket EFI is not the same quality as OEM in more modern cars like you are more used too. A good Qjet setup correctly will drive just as well as EFI anyway.

The GM stuff has its quirks too. And it's only going to be as good as the software supporting it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The GM stuff has its quirks too. And it's only going to be as good as the software supporting it.
True, but OEM has many more hours and dollars of R&D put into it than aftermarket. OEM systems are also designed more specifically for certain engines while aftermarket EFI is generic one size fits all design. Its similar to OEM carbs vs aftermarket carbs.

WyoGN

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2022
I like Term X because the ecu can be inside the vehicle. Looks like they fixed some problems with the new Sniper 2. I would use it if I had to. Install is real important.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor