customer feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i bought a set of your trailing arms, boxed lowers, tubular uppers with urethane bushings and braces through summit.

the quality seems very nice, the pieces seem very solid. my complaint(s) lie(s) with having to buy the hardware kit for the trailing arms and then wind up using only half of it on account of the longer bolts that came WITH the braces. my question is why is there no kit that includes the braces with the trailing arms and getting a hardware kit for that or better yet including the hardware making it a "complete kit". 22 bucks for hardware and using only 11 bucks of it isnt how i wanted to spend my money.

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Good morning.

I apologize for missing this.

Our complete kit is for all four trailing arms. When you purchase the frame braces, as you know, you get longer bolts to accommodate.

We do offer half kits and should do a better job communicating that when a customer orders multiple parts.

Thanks for the purchase, hope you like the product despite the hardware issues.

ramey

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
UMI Sales said:
Good morning.

I apologize for missing this.

Our complete kit is for all four trailing arms. When you purchase the frame braces, as you know, you get longer bolts to accommodate.

We do offer half kits and should do a better job communicating that when a customer orders multiple parts.

Thanks for the purchase, hope you like the product despite the hardware issues.

ramey

like i said i got them from summit and when i ordered everything i didnt see a half kit at the time. oh well, not a big deal.

i am wondering about the control arm braces, should the bolts be kinda wiggly in the ends? there's maybe a good 1/8"of space. the bolts measure .465", the I.D. of the end of the brace measured out to .557. that's pretty close to a tenth of an inch. i've never installed control arm braces before so i'm asking to make sure they're suppose to be on the loose side. collectively the braces have just under 2/10" (a hair under 1/5") of wiggle room. so if you can look into this and confirm one way or another for me it'd be appreciated. i'm guessing it's so the installer will have a slightly easier time getting them in.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
pontiacgp said:
do you have any pictures of the installed parts?

not yet, i've been delayed but they're going in soon. i'll try to get a lot of pics but most likely i'll forget and only take pics after i get done. i was wanting to wait till i was ready to get tires so i could put them in right before i got the tires but the tire money disappeared so i'm putting them in before i can get the tires. i got these nice new 17x8 wheels waiting to go on but i guess i'm gonna have to wait on that. :rant: at least i got all the parts i was wanting to get while i had the chance to get them minus the tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor