Cutlass in Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
image.jpeg
A Cutlass just showed up at the Picknpull in Calgary .(Barlow Trail) Its an 80 and says W30 on the fender. Looks like someone needs to check it out..I saw it on Row52..timo22

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
WTF is an 80 in that shape doing in the wrecker. Bumper, header and grill are 1 year only parts. Donovan needs a parts car right ?? I searched high and low 20 years ago for a set of grills that nice for my car.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Looks a lot like my daughter's 79 Hurst Olds would that be an 80 442? Someone get me the gold paint code off it please actually can someone take a picture of the trim tag for me?

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Guys, I've seen this thread now and will officially be heading out first thing in the morning to check it out.
Chances are it's a clone, but still worth the trip to find out.

I don't really NEED anything off of it, but I'm always on the lookout to upgrade parts I already have.
The grilles may be one, I'm also thinking of grabbing the carb off it if it's still there.
I'm also in need of a posi for my 8.5, does anyone know what rearends came in REAL '80 442's??

Clutch, I will grab as much info off of it for you as I can, and will report back with pics.

Anyone else in dire need of anything off this car? Speak now or forever hold your peace...

D.

• Winner

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
[QUOTE="Rktpwrd, post: 567587, member: 21597"

I don't really NEED anything off of it, but I'm always on the lookout to upgrade parts I already have.
The grilles may be one, I'm also thinking of grabbing the carb off it if it's still there.
I'm also in need of a posi for my 8.5, does anyone know what rearends came in REAL '80 442's??

D.[/QUOTE]

That 80 would have the 7.5 rear axle.

• Agree

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
[QUOTE="Rktpwrd, post: 567587, member: 21597"

D.

That 80 would have the 7.5 rear axle.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda what I suspected.
Thanks for confirming.

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
Now that is not saying someone may have swapped one in over the years.

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Now that is not saying someone may have swapped one in over the years.

True enough.
Oh trust me, I'll be going over this thing with a fine tooth comb!

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor