CUTLASS Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelLubelski

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2022
South Bend, IN
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here. I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself and my car. I am 16 and we had this ‘81 cutlass supreme just sitting in the yard for years at least 10 years. We had just uncovered it on the 28th of last August and it’s going pretty good! I cannot wait till I have it at least drivable, once it’s at least drivable I will probably make another post showing it, and even by then I will still not have it painted but it will at least sound nice. See you guys till then!
Edit: I forgot to mention that i also have a different carburetor than the original

Attachments

• 064F25B2-3954-436C-9CD9-10B1C0703D99.jpeg
    064F25B2-3954-436C-9CD9-10B1C0703D99.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Looks pretty good. Congrats and welcome from SW Georgia

Reactions: 1 user

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Welcome from BC
Don’t worry about paint or cosmetics , just get it started, then work on making it road worthy
It is so easy to fall into the trap of thinking everything has to be new and shiny
Cosmetic fixes can be done as you go along and are much more likely to get done if you’re using the car

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

MichaelLubelski

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2022
South Bend, IN
Welcome from BC
Don’t worry about paint or cosmetics , just get it started, then work on making it road worthy
It is so easy to fall into the trap of thinking everything has to be new and shiny
Cosmetic fixes can be done as you go along and are much more likely to get done if you’re using the car
Yeah, as of right now it’s just about road worthy, the only thing that I need to do really is put the exhaust on it and it’ll be good for the road. The only thing cosmetically we have done to it is kind of fix the ragtop, fix the big rust patches, and repaint the hours and spots that were rusted then fixed.

Reactions: 1 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Yeah, as of right now it’s just about road worthy, the only thing that I need to do really is put the exhaust on it and it’ll be good for the road. The only thing cosmetically we have done to it is kind of fix the ragtop, fix the big rust patches, and repaint the hours and spots that were rusted then fixed.
Sounds good , should be on the road in no time then

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Check brakes, belts , hoses etc. Safety third. Don't be in a hurry grasshopper

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Sep 17, 2017
Welcome Michael, where abouts in Indiana? I'm in Evansville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor