Made some floor patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Hand made right and left rear floor patch pans for my El Camino.
218.jpg

211.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Doug

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
CWPottenger said:
Great work! how did you form the curved sides?

I used 18 ga. steel, hammers and dollies, right & left tin snips, and a bead roller (with 1/2" beading dies). The only power tool I used was a pistol air tool with a 3" cleaning pad. I used the bead roller like an English wheel and shrunk the "corners" with dollies and a rawhide mallet.

Doug

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wow really nice work

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
nicely done, got a picture of your bead roller? You must have a English wheel too....

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
pontiacgp said:
nicely done, got a picture of your bead roller? You must have a English wheel too....

The bead roller is the cheap "Eastwood" model and yes, I do have a cheap English wheel that I bought at a going out of business sale. I also have a 36" leaf brake that I built myself!

Doug

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you do some great work with those tools, each of those beads are the perfect size and line up perfectly. The larger the bead the harder to line them all up and yours are perfect. We bead roll alot for the interior of a circle track car but they don't turn out nearly as good as yours. I am impressed

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
pontiacgp said:

Let me check for some pictures (I know I don't have any pics of the store bought bead roller).
engine leveler I made:
Dougs3.jpg

bead roller I did make:
Dougs2.jpg

the 36" brake I made:

Dougs1.jpg

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor