My 85 Elco Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Been working 7 days/week for the last two months so progress has been slow, but I finally finished wiring up my intrepid fans.

IMG209.jpg

They are two speed fans so I have the first speed wired up to fused relay that is triggered by a ground from a switch mounted in the dash.

IMG214.jpg

The second speed serves as a safeguard in case I or someone I let drive, ever forget to turn on the fans manually or just in case the motor is running hot and needs it. It is wired up to a fused relay but it is triggered by a temp fan switch that comes on at 220 and off around 200.

IMG211-1.jpg

I used a fuse/relay box I got at the junkyard, you can kind of see it next to the condenser on the top left. Once I finish mounting it, I can get some better pics. I made the brackets I just need some nuts and bolts.

IMG235.jpg

Also finally got my plug wires I ordered, so I can get rid of that spaghetti of wires all over the place. They are 40ohms/foot, not the best but a lot better than the cheap autozone ones I have on there.

IMG264.jpg

I want to route these under the headers, so they are barely visible but needs some ideas on how to do this... Just need some ideas on how exactly to route them so they dont get all burned up by the headers because it is tight.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Looking dayum good!! U got this electric ishhhh on deck!! Ur going to build a sweet *ss reliable elko.. Good seeing u at long beach swapmeet today :)

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
finally out of school and making some progress finished running my new wires and finishing up my fusebox wiring, got it all back together and took it for a ride, trans feels alot better with the shift kit, not more slipping when accelerating and shifts are not to hard, everything stayed cool and ran like a top.

fuse/relay box (fans and choke, h.i.d's down the line)
IMG321.jpg

IMG322.jpg

a couple shots of the motor

IMG328.jpg

IMG330.jpg

IMG370.jpg

just need to finish my drum brake upgrade and on to paint, getting close

87luxsprt

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2012
POMONA
Looks real good! I cant wait to throw those fans on my MC LS... its been raining out here n SUR CALI. So ive been force to deal with the wifey all weeknd...wish i had a garage...

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
87luxsprt said:
Looks real good! I cant wait to throw those fans on my MC LS... its been raining out here n SUR CALI. So ive been force to deal with the wifey all weeknd...wish i had a garage...

I feel you bro,im here in LB, even with a garage my *ss don't want to be out there in the rain, damn wind is too cold :rofl:

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
installed my TA girdle today I love it lol

IMG002.jpg

Still need to bleed my brakes after my s10 wheel cylinder and aluminum drum upgrade. Last thing I really want to upgrade is the alt to a CS130 or CS144 and I am on to body work and paint.. I am still undecided on what I want to do, part of me wants to just lay down some black primer and have fun with it, the other part wants to go ahead and get it painted..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor