Not an engine swap, just a Turbo build PICTURE HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
i really like this thread. I think my cousin can use this as a guide line because he's wanting to the same to his 305 ho except his is efi being turned carberated. Only thing i'm not a fan of is the hood scoop. looks tackie imo but love the car over all. :D

DeboDaddy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2009
84cutlassjuggalo said:
i really like this thread. I think my cousin can use this as a guide line because he's wanting to the same to his 305 ho except his is efi being turned carberated. Only thing i'm not a fan of is the hood scoop. looks tackie imo but love the car over all. :D
Oh trust me, nobody hates the hood scoop as much as I do. But the setup just would not fit under the hood. So I cut it out. But when I cut it, I cut it too big. :blam: I dont like sh*t hanging out of the hood, so I went on a wild goose chase to find a scoop big (wide) enough. Unfortunately, this was the only one with the right dimensions that was cheap enough to justify buying. Its labeled a "Dodge Ram hood scoop" on ebay...lol

And thanks for the props guys. I'll try to get some more pictures this weekend. Its supposed to be nice Saturday so I think I'm gonna take it for a little cruise. :wink:

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
very nicely done and thanks for sharing it, bringing this one up to the top, not that im doing anything related to one or two turbos :mrgreen:

DeboDaddy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2009
So i took her to the track last night. Was a nice warm summer night, and we had a good turnout of Gbodies there too. Would have been a great night for racing, but the Monte ran like $h1t. lol First pass ended up being the best. [email protected]. Bogged off the line on my way to a 2.7 60' time, then she broke up and sputtered pretty bad in 2nd, and the 2-3 shift was the soggiest i've ever felt. Probably a 2 second gear change... Then it started missing a few cylinders in the top of 3rd. lol Definitely not a good pass. And the other pass was a complete failure. Ended up just crusing down the track for the last 1/8th mile because I was dropping cylinders the whole pass. :roll:

Turns out the plugs are shot. I just never changed them. Totally my fault for running the same plugs that I initially tuned the car on. Gonna throw some new plugs in and maybe throw a shift kit/fresh fluid in the stock 200-4r, but it may already be too far gone.

I'm probably gonna run my DD next Wednesday (2007 Impala SS) and try to get a baseline with it, so it may be a few weeks before I have any updates on the Monte. I got an in-car video of the 14.6 run. Just need to edit it and post it. Maybe tomorrow night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor