Projekt Fahrfromcruisin

Podagrower

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2023
I'll start out by saying I'm enjoying this project very much and looking forward to the day it is cruising. We inherited this car, and the records are less than stellar (the receipt for the motor says "install motor", no idea on the cam or any internals). It is an 83 Caballero (and somebody insisted that Caballero was that cute convertible Volkswagen made in the 80s, so we refer to it as the Volkswagen occasionally and Fahrfromcruisin is an accurate description). It started life as a V6 car and is currently sporting a 454. Currently we're fighting overheating, apparently the V6 radiator isn't really up to the task of cooling a big block that is filled with rust and scale because it was filled with well water. We've changed the rear springs and shocks and changing the front springs and shocks is the new year's weekend project. Hopefully I can also finish the electric fans and evapo rust radiator flush this weekend. Then all it will need is tires, an alignment, a bunch of worn out tie rod/ball joints replaced, hacked up wire sorted out, all the missing parts of the interior sourced, AC installed, stereo installed......

Attachments

• PXL_20231217_160346988.jpg
    PXL_20231217_160346988.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 25

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor