Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
GJmiiBtWIAAsu5-

Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
1712179620390.png

if H is for Highspeed, T is for Turbo, R is Reallyfast, and O D is OverDrive, what does the O by itself stand for? and btw, which slot, left or right, would you use for OverDrive? left in America, right in the UK?

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Aircraft Carrier U.S.S. Hornet with all of the Doolittle Raiders heading out of San Fran towards the Pacific.

View attachment 237704

You’d be hard pressed to find anyone that knew who the Doolittle Raiders were nowadays and why it was such a big deal at the time.
😔

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
You’d be hard pressed to find anyone that knew who the Doolittle Raiders were nowadays and why it was such a big deal at the time.
😔
I work where they were created and trained. I have been on their airfield quite a bit. Now it's Aux Field 1, Eglin AFB, FL.
The U.S. Air Force Armament Museum just outside of Eglin Main Base here has a very nice display on them.

This is their Runway.

Field 1.png

This historical marker is on the side of the road on the way in.

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
😔
pffft....pick up the phone and call my dad. still alive at 93 and can probably tell you more than you want to know as he retired from the USAF as a U-2 pilot

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
pffft....pick up the phone and call my dad. still alive at 93 and can probably tell you more than you want to know as he retired from the USAF as a U-2 pilot

My point is, that history, that ever so important history, is slowly being forgotten already. I’m willing to bet there’s not one Gen Z or Milennial that could tell you who the Raiders were. They’re all too wrapped up in their own personal lives and glued to their phones to see “what’s trending “. The vets such as your dad, are almost all gone now. If we, the present and future generations don’t honour their memory by at least remembering the truly selfless sacrifices they made, that made our two nations what they are today, well, I’m afraid we’re doomed to repeat it. And that’s a crying shame.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor