Regal charging only sometimes Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridinregal87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2013
Western Massachusetts
Unfortunately, that wasn't the problem. Did great for 2 days, then I'm drivin home, about a 25 minute drive, and I can see my lights getting dim again, and my blinkers blinking slow. I think I'm going to try and get a refund on that alternator, and get one from somewhere that isn't advance auto. I'm still leanin towards maybe an ignition switch, possibly, I'm pretty much at wits end with this, as electrical has never been my favorite, but I'm willing to give it the good old college try. So I'll look into it some more after I get out of work. This is driving me nuts. Thanks guys.

ridinregal87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2013
Western Massachusetts
Hey guys, no, I havent figured out the issue, I've been pretty busy with work and the holidays, and since it's another ridiculous winter here in the northeast, it's been off the road. The plows have been salting WAY more than usual, and I don't want to subject my regal to it. The battery was replaced the first time I replaced the alternator, granted all the stuff has been advance auto parts since it was a sunday when the car died and I was out of state. I plan on getting into it soon though, as I will be swapping the motor out soon, and I'd like to sort out this issue before I take out the old motor, put in the new one, and find I still have charging issues. Thanks for bearing with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor