Upgrade to CS style alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
So unhook the smaller ring terminaled wire from output post then the wire on the harness with resistor in it add keyed 12v?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That pretty much should do it. Again, you're bypassing the existing brown wire to the alternator. Connect the new wire with +12 volts to the lead with the resistor in it.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
OK what do I do with the connection I remove? Just tape it up or something?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Let us know how it works out. Good luck !

Just make sure the new wire is on a switched power source. On when the key is on, off when the key is turned off.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
pontiacgp said:
Longroof79 said:
..capisce?

no, it's a regal.... :mrgreen:

:lol: In Italian It means, understand? I don't know what we're going to do with you, Steve.. :D Nothing wrong with a little humor...or spelled humour in Canadian. :lol:

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Good news it charges. So I'll have to run a permanent wire. Then just disable the other wire? Weird why would it need both in the first place then?

Bad news too. Dee my noisy SBC thread

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
mebe007 said:
Good news it charges. So I'll have to run a permanent wire. Then just disable the other wire? Weird why would it need both in the first place then?

Bad news too. Dee my noisy SBC thread
That's good news, man. Glad it worked out for you. Yeah, just coil it up, or just leave it in the plastic wire shield. I have mine tucked away in the plastic wrap/shield. I was able to trace it out when I swapped dashes, but never found the open...oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor