WANTED WTB drip rail trim moldings and B-pillar trim for 1978-80 Cutlass/Regal Hardtop

Trader history (0)

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I would like to procure the drip rail trim that went with the hardtops for my half landau delete. I would also like the B-pillar trim to go with it. I want to bridge the gap between the door drip rail and quarter window drip rail with the trim alone to give the appearance of factory hardop.

My fallback is to modify the landau trim.

78Regal350

Greasemonkey
Apr 13, 2015
Brookville, IN
I have the RH drip rail trim (see pic). It’ll need to be cleaned & polished, but it’s not bent at all. I’d ask $20 plus shipping for it.

Are you working on a ‘78-‘80 Regal or ‘78-‘80 Cutlass? Even though the drip rails & landau top b pillar trim is the same, I believe the non-landau top b pillar trims were different.

Are you leaving the gaps in the actual drip rails, or welding in new metal so the drip rails are continuous?

IMG_2881.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I have the RH drip rail trim (see pic). It’ll need to be cleaned & polished, but it’s not bent at all. I’d ask $20 plus shipping for it.

Are you working on a ‘78-‘80 Regal or ‘78-‘80 Cutlass? Even though the drip rails & landau top b pillar trim is the same, I believe the non-landau top b pillar trims were different.

Are you leaving the gaps in the actual drip rails, or welding in new metal so the drip rails are continuous?

View attachment 237241
I was going to leave the gap... I was going to only have the trim bridging the gap, unless it looks bad. It's a 78 cutlass. Are you implying the B pillar trim from the Regal will not fit or is just different?

Send me your information in a PM and I will get the money to you. And thanks for responding and holding on to these precious materials

78Regal350

Greasemonkey
Apr 13, 2015
Brookville, IN
I was going to leave the gap... I was going to only have the trim bridging the gap, unless it looks bad. It's a 78 cutlass. Are you implying the B pillar trim from the Regal will not fit or is just different?

Send me your information in a PM and I will get the money to you. And thanks for responding and holding on to these precious materials

In theory, since the Cutlass & Regal used the same b pillar trim with the landau top, the non-landau trim should work between the 2. But there are definitely different p/n’s involved, so maybe they don’t interchange. Some non-landau Regals also used a chrome piece over the b pillar, and don’t know if that was something offered on the Cutlass or not.

I’ll send you a PM to discuss shipping & payment info.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I'm willing to take a shot with the B pillar trim. I can always resell it if it doesn't work out

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
I would like to procure the drip rail trim that went with the hardtops for my half landau delete. I would also like the B-pillar trim to go with it. I want to bridge the gap between the door drip rail and quarter window drip rail with the trim alone to give the appearance of factory hardop.

My fallback is to modify the landau trim.
I have a used roof drip molding that runs down the front side of the door frame. In other words along the windshield. Part # 2005122. This is for a 81-88 G-body so not sure if it would fit your 78-80. That's why I enclosed the part#. $40 + shipping.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor