What seats have been used in G Body's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
FYI... 3rd Gen seats were shared with many other platforms but the seat track heights are lower in 3rd Gens.

In the '78-83's the Top of the Line seat was the Viscount Bucket Seat... these were offered in much of Pontiac's lineup...but for F-Body's was only offered in the '82 Firebird; known as the "PMD seat" because of the small PMD logo (Pontiac Motor Division)... Knight Rider guys crave them because they are what the early KITT had.

Most '81/82-92 Pontiac's used the same bucket styles... '84-92 Regular and Deluxe Seats were shared between the Firebird, Grand Prix (RWD), Sunbird, 6000LE, etc... '84-92 Camaro Regular & Deluxe Buckets were similarly shared with the Monte, Celebrity, Cavalier, etc.

I also scored a spare set of '83/84 Recaro Trans Am seats out of a Cutlass not long ago... bought them as spares for my '84 Recaro T/A, (fairly rare cars to begin with)... the owner removed them because they sat too low. He had just bought the car, sad had no info about the Recaro TA they came from... Lucky score for me, but a shame about that Recaro TA.

Note: Recaro seats were put into specisl cars, making any 'Bird with Recaro seats a rare example...
They are found in:
'81 Daytona 500 Edition Turbo TA Pace Car
'81 Trans Am S/E with Recaro Edition Option (Uber Rare $$$)
'82 Daytona 500 Pace Car - Festival Cars - (Uber Rare)
'82 Trans Am S/E "Recaro Edition" (Recaro Edition merged with Trans Am S/E pkg)
'83 Daytona 500 Edition Pace Cars
'83 Trans Am S/E "Recaro Edition"
'84 Trans Am S/E "Recaro Edition"
'84 15th Anniversary Trans Am Edition
'85 Firebird S/E (optional seat)
'85 Trans Am (optional seat)
'86 Firebird S/E (optional seat)
'86 Trans Am (optional seat)

Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
There was also a Lear Seigler seat option available on the Buick Grand National in 1984 and 1985. Its a fairly rare option. The front bucket seats have adjustable side bolsters on both the seat back and seat bottom, as well as an adjustable knee bolster, similiar to the Recaro. The rear seat is much more contoured than a standard G body rear seat, with separate contoured seating areas on each side of the rear seat.

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
They were also optional in both the Camaro Berlinetta, Z28/Iroc, Firebird S/E & Trans Am. Same deal on the seat tracks.

In the Camaros they had a 2 stage option, with multiple colors... IMHO it was the coolest interior of the 80's
There was Lear Siegler seat option and the Lear Siegler Interior Option...this is the interior with repeating "Camaro" script.
In the Firebirds, it was very mundane, in cloth or leather with no flash.

According to some '84 Pontiac sales info I have, it indicates that Lear Sieglers were available in Pontiac Models not just Firebird models... makes one wonder if they were optional in the Grand Prix for a period... would be a cool car.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
The buckets in my bu were actully out of a 88 toyota tercel we were scraping. They fit in great 2 of the bolt holes on each seat even lined up had to tweak for the others.

instro84

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2008
So Cal
Clutch_Grabwell said:
Heading for upholstery soon, '05 GTO 8-way buckets. Lots of fabrication to the tracks.
DSC_0107.jpg

'00 Cadillac Eldorado back seat trimmed with original style fabrics. Ridiculous fabrication.
DSC_0065.jpg

got any after upolstry pics yet? i picked up a set of red one's for the buick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor