What's good yall..LIVE from ATL

Status
Not open for further replies.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
Greetings fellow Gbody forum members,

I've been in straight lurk status for a few months..reading and learning from all you. i'm the proud owner of 1987 regal (olds 307/200 transmission)..37k original miles..i inherited it from my grandmother who passed in 2000. car sat for 9 years..started every few weeks..old changed every few months. then i was handed the title early last year from my dad. since then i've treated/refinished the gas tank, flowtech headers with true duals (no cat), tune-up, replaced belts, Gabriel shocks all the way around, disconnected smog/a.i.r. pump (removing soon and capping off inlets), upgraded to jeep steering shaft and new u-joints. working on getting olds 350 core this friday to start rebuild..didn't wanna go chevy so i can use the same headers. also got a new set of primewells 235/60/15 with the raised white letters and i'm waiting on some buick rallies..i'll be upping some more pics of the ride and i'm sure i'll be hitting up many of you for some helpful advice from time to time. Peace yall.

Leo Goetz

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Welcome aboard and post some pics when you can!

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Welcome! Sounds like a nice solid ride u got there....Cant wait to see some pics

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
Here's a few pics of the ride..these were before i made any upgrades..more updated pics coming later..after seeing the 80'z Babies crew putting in that work i've been nothing but motivated lately. me and the homie (Mathematic here on the board) did the sway bar bushings and links last week. i'm wiring the Auto Meter cluster i bought and putting on this grant wheel (with the buick button) this weekend.

I have a question for yall tho.. before i go and spend this money...I have a guy with the original 87 monte ss wheels for sale for 200. they look good..just need minor sandblasting and polished..then maybe i'll powdercoat them. my OG mechanic told me to pass on them b/c i should go with buick or corvette rallies. i like them but what do yall think about my regal on these? i'm used to seeing these on the older irocs and the monte ss's but i think after cleaned up and powder coated they'll look right..plus i got a set of the raised white letter Primewell 235/60/15s on deck just waiting for some wheels..i'm tired of riding these grandma wheels ya dig..any input from yall would be much appreciated...i'm on the fence about these wheels.

normal_DSCF0009.JPG

normal_DSCF0008.JPG

Here are the wheels..

640x480_wideSSrimsmd.jpg

Give me yalls honest opinion of these on my regal..as much feedback as possible is appreciated.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I think they would look good on there, especially if you paint the recessed part of the spokes the same color as the car; like this:

Attachments

• IMG00484-20100826-1145.jpg
    IMG00484-20100826-1145.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 1,762
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor