86 monte ss,,,,,,,,,,,,,

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
here is my 86 SS i have been working on for 4 years or so. it was nice when i got it but i have put a lot more in it. my friend painted it and it is super! my brother in-law passed away last year, and he had started this engine, i bought it from his widow and finished it and put it in about 4 months ago. it is a 350 4 bolt main board 30 over, has the big valve 305 heads. i put in a nice cam, it really screams, well enough for an old man like me. it has Edelbrock 600 carb and an Edelbrock high polished intake. i also added new old stock Edelbrock valve covers. it has headman stainless headers, this car was taken down to the steel, before paint, it has zero rust and is a SC car. the car has been undercoated before i got it. i took these photos in BW, the color is cyber grey. in low light or the angle, it can look black, a very good color for this car View attachment ss front.JPG View attachment ss rear.JPG View attachment ss engine.JPG i think. when i drive it i feel like a celebrity with all the head turns and comments i get.

Reactions: 2 users

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Sure is purty I really like that you have your Friends engine in your car the heartbeat.!

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, good looking ride. Would like to see some color pics of the car, how is the interior?

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
looking good GIF

man that is a nice color and a super clean interior

Reactions: 1 users

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
thanks for the nice comments. i am not a body man, but my friend who painted it for me grew up in a paint shop as his dad was a professional. i owe a lot to him! but i had a nice car to work with from the start. i am 66 years old and a retired professional transmission rebuilder for the last 40 years and a Mechanic all my life. if i can help any of y'all with a question about your transmissions let me know,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mike

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor