front lower control arm nuts, bolts, washers? (69hurstolds)

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
i liked 1 of your old posts that couldn't reply too. "One of the biggest problems for most folks, INCLUDING S-10 owners, is that they have no freaking idea where to get the front LCA M14 bolts for the front position. They don't know the size or anything.

So....I'll never swear to knowing for sure, but a little parts book told me....

M14x2.0x110, GM p/n 11509777. Are these the same exact length as the front LCA bolts on a G-body? YES. The front LCA bolt on the FRONT side for G-body is GM p/n 11500952. Discontinued from GM. M12x1.75x110.

Problem I'm seeing with the G-body parts book however, is I see the bolts are listed "backwards" in the illustration manual. The front position front LCA bolt says it's 95mm long, but it's wider than the rear so I don't see how or why they would do that. It only makes sense to believe that they accidently swapped them. 110 mm in front, 95 mm in the rear. Parts book shows them azz-backwards.

Since the GM front LCA front bolt for a G-body is discontinued, if you need a new M12 bolt for the front side of your front LCA, you can get a Mopar part #6502809. It's the same exact size per specs, however I've never actually laid eyes on one.

For reference, the top bolts to hold the front UCA to the frame are GM p/n 461854, same as a G-body. M12x1.75x66

The front LCA bolt on the rear side is the same as the rear control arm bolts for a G-body, p/n 11502603. M12x1.75x95

M12x1.75 nut is GM p/n 11516073 which fits rear Upper Control Arm bolts on a G-bod as well."

you seem to have the best info on this stuff, i assumed all 4 were same size and what not. you're saying the rear bolt is same as the 1s used in the rear control arms? and am i right to assume all 8 RCA bolts are the same, which i already found with the nuts are there any special washers i should be getting? now i found this http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/11500952.html which looks like is the "discontinued" bolt but not sure what nut i need for it or any associated washers.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
i liked 1 of your old posts that couldn't reply too. "One of the biggest problems for most folks, INCLUDING S-10 owners, is that they have no freaking idea where to get the front LCA M14 bolts for the front position. They don't know the size or anything.

So....I'll never swear to knowing for sure, but a little parts book told me....

M14x2.0x110, GM p/n 11509777. Are these the same exact length as the front LCA bolts on a G-body? YES. The front LCA bolt on the FRONT side for G-body is GM p/n 11500952. Discontinued from GM. M12x1.75x110.

Problem I'm seeing with the G-body parts book however, is I see the bolts are listed "backwards" in the illustration manual. The front position front LCA bolt says it's 95mm long, but it's wider than the rear so I don't see how or why they would do that. It only makes sense to believe that they accidently swapped them. 110 mm in front, 95 mm in the rear. Parts book shows them azz-backwards.

Since the GM front LCA front bolt for a G-body is discontinued, if you need a new M12 bolt for the front side of your front LCA, you can get a Mopar part #6502809. It's the same exact size per specs, however I've never actually laid eyes on one.

For reference, the top bolts to hold the front UCA to the frame are GM p/n 461854, same as a G-body. M12x1.75x66

The front LCA bolt on the rear side is the same as the rear control arm bolts for a G-body, p/n 11502603. M12x1.75x95

M12x1.75 nut is GM p/n 11516073 which fits rear Upper Control Arm bolts on a G-bod as well."

you seem to have the best info on this stuff, i assumed all 4 were same size and what not. you're saying the rear bolt is same as the 1s used in the rear control arms? and am i right to assume all 8 RCA bolts are the same, which i already found with the nuts are there any special washers i should be getting? now i found this http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/11500952.html which looks like is the "discontinued" bolt but not sure what nut i need for it or any associated washers.
just to seperate from the OP.
front upper control arm bolts

front upper control arm nuts
any washers needed, how many and pn?

rear control arm bolts (2 for front lca)

rear control arm nuts (2 for front lca)
any washers needed, how many and pn?

thanks cuz this bolt hunting is the worst, i'd rather eat lint for a wk than do this again and once get all this straightened out and installed next month i'll do a direct post on all this with minimal commentary.

Last edited:

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
ok now i'm gonna create a list from bolt depot i assume everything is standard course threads. correct me on anything i get wrong.

rear control arm bolts/ 2 front rear lower control arms

rear control arm nuts/ 2 front rear lower control arms

2 front lower control arm front bolts (also uses the rear control arm nuts)

i assume these are correct washers?

front upper control arm bolts (oem says size is m12x1.75x66)
or

the nuts for those i;m having trouble locating as oem and i was wrong bout those in my OP. unless they also product=8806

there should be a bolt section to save ppl this hassle.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hahaha. Sorry, I only laugh because you're WAY overthinking this. You're trying to simplify GM's ability to be ultra-confusing on bolt part numbers and usage. STOP. Or you'll drive yourself crazy. They changed part numbers faster than I changed underwear (once per week). :eek:

By washers...do you mean shims for the alignment? If you're talking UCA/LCA washers for those 12mm bolts, forget it. They didn't normally use them. Just the prevailing torque nuts for the most part. I guess you could use washers if you wish, I guess. They just didn't come that way from the factory, normally. You can see the backs of the rear front LCA bolts here on a low mile 87 Monte SS. No washers.
1713528000169.png

Hmm. Went and checked the suspension diagrams in the book as it's been so long I've replaced control arms, I can't remember. There DOES happen to show a washer on the frame bracket for the bolt there. Got to watch it with some of the parts book illustrations though as they cover a lot of ground where some models have something and others do not. If your suspension is factory, check for washers first. The call out for that washer is 473539, #28 on the diagram below. It's a flat washer for an M12 size. Nothing special. Apparently it goes on the bolt head side where it goes through the frame.

1713528092344.png

You did come up with a nice list. One of the things about GM bolts they used is that they did more of a taper or chamfered bolt tip to help them locate and center the bolt during installation while not risking tearing up the threads. More of an AB type tip on them. Most general use bolts do not have this type of tip.

Reactions: 4 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Hahaha. Sorry, I only laugh because you're WAY overthinking this. You're trying to simplify GM's ability to be ultra-confusing on bolt part numbers and usage. STOP. Or you'll drive yourself crazy. They changed part numbers faster than I changed underwear (once per week). :eek:

By washers...do you mean shims for the alignment? If you're talking UCA/LCA washers for those 12mm bolts, forget it. They didn't normally use them. Just the prevailing torque nuts for the most part. I guess you could use washers if you wish, I guess. They just didn't come that way from the factory, normally. You can see the backs of the rear front LCA bolts here on a low mile 87 Monte SS. No washers.
View attachment 238041

Hmm. Went and checked the suspension diagrams in the book as it's been so long I've replaced control arms, I can't remember. There DOES happen to show a washer on the frame bracket for the bolt there. Got to watch it with some of the parts book illustrations though as they cover a lot of ground where some models have something and others do not. If your suspension is factory, check for washers first. The call out for that washer is 473539, #28 on the diagram below. It's a flat washer for an M12 size. Nothing special. Apparently it goes on the bolt head side where it goes through the frame.

View attachment 238042

You did come up with a nice list. One of the things about GM bolts they used is that they did more of a taper or chamfered bolt tip to help them locate and center the bolt during installation while not risking tearing up the threads. More of an AB type tip on them. Most general use bolts do not have this type of tip.
dude you're awesome. i spent 2 nights trying to come up with everything i need little parts wise cuz gettin done a full suspension renewal with coilovers in coming weeks. overthinking? nope more like goin full autistic. lol i wanna make sure i send all correct parts so theres no hangups.

the washers i was talking bout are anything needed for both front and rear control arms if anything special. the last nut im looking for if not mistaken appear to be same as the rest (to bolt front upper control arm to frame). yeah my goal also became to create a list for everything nut, bolt, washer for to hopefully save the nightmare i went thru for someone else, hoping they do a search v asking 1st. as i was searching many abbreviations were used like LCA that didnt turn up but you kept turning up with the answers i needed. thanks again.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor