Fuel pressure regulator setup

Hi-Fi

Apprentice
Oct 14, 2016
Looking for a little help here. Converting back to carburetor from an EFI setup and I have an intank fuel pump and would rather not go to a mechanical, so I'm using an Automotive bypass regulator to drop the pressure down to 6 psi.

Still waiting on a couple parts to hook up my gauge to come, but I want to make sure this is correct.

Terrible drawing attached.

Attachments

• 20240417_220659.jpg
    20240417_220659.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
You'll want a pressure gauge at the carb too, as it may change a bit over the distance. There's also one-way check valves that could save a mess when you take things apart again later. Some people prefer to place the regulator after the carb so the engine doesn't see any reduction in flow whatsoever, and it works just fine since it's a return style and not a dead head. What's your filter micron size? You don't need or necessarily want to be as small as you needed for injectors. I think a 100 micron pre-filter "sock" at the tank sump, 30-40 inline (usually plenty), and possibly a 10 micron right at the carb if you wanna be anal. But it better flow at low pressure.

Oh, and use liquid filled shockproof gauges like something from Marshall.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor