I really need sum help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
Hey Guys I really need sum help here .. I purchase a Holley double pump carb for my 1980 olds cutlass. My cutlass is equipped with a olds 403 motor and matching transmission that came out of a pontiac transam.
well what type of gaskets do i need for the bottom of the carb, also how do I hook up the tv cable and the gass throttle line. I am confused here .
The carb is sitting to low
what type of gasket do I need to sit the carb on
how do I hook up the TV cable, and the throttle .
I really need sum help here I can be contacted here or by phone 773 seven two seven 78 four seven. I will really appreciate sum help here . This is al left so I can have my car back on the road after several years of sitting in my garage...

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
What intake do you have on the 403? If it's stock then your going to need a spreadbore to squarebore adapter.

As far as the throttle and transmission kickdown, you'll need a stud of some sort (depends on what the of your throttle/trans cable looks like) that you'll install on the throttle linkage of the carb.

If the trans came out of a trans am then you don't have a TV cable but just a kick down cable that will hook to the throttle linkage.

Also, don't forget a good throttle return spring!

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
FE3X CLONE said:
What intake do you have on the 403? If it's stock then your going to need a spreadbore to squarebore adapter.

As far as the throttle and transmission kickdown, you'll need a stud of some sort (depends on what the of your throttle/trans cable looks like) that you'll install on the throttle linkage of the carb.

If the trans came out of a trans am then you don't have a TV cable but just a kick down cable that will hook to the throttle linkage.

Also, don't forget a good throttle return spring!
I have an edelbrock intake and yes the cable could possibly be a kick down cable. . Do you have a part number on the gasket am gonna need.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I don't have a part number but Summit, Jegs, etc. are filled with them. ;)

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
Most edelbrock intakes fit either carb flange. The gasket likely needs to look like the bottom of the carb. I just learned the difference between a TH 350 and a 200/700R4 cables. Jegs, or summit, check out there throttle bracket selection. Get the one for your carb/trans combo. Worked for me. 8)

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
Ok guys this is where am at the moment.. This MF thing is kicking my *ss.. Looks like the bracket I got is not the right bracket.. I got the adapter from holley carb to edelbrock intake and it wrks great, carb still a little low but clears the intake .. now the problem is the bracket for the throttle and the kick down cable.. here are sum pics..
Note: the pull back spring is just a little test spring am using ..

My question is what am I doing wrong here.. I know am doing something wrong because the throttle cable does not go where I got it.. This again is testing to see where and how To get the throttle cable and kick down cable to hook up to this holley carb.. any help here guys.. Thanks to the guys for the help I got the adapter and got the kick down /throttle bracket frm summit but the bracket to me does not look like its going to wrk....

Attachments

• 100_3929.JPG
    100_3929.JPG
    839.3 KB · Views: 848
  • 100_3930.JPG
    100_3930.JPG
    847.9 KB · Views: 852
  • 100_3931.JPG
    100_3931.JPG
    854.1 KB · Views: 877

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
I think you have the throttle cable attached where the cruise control cable goes...your throttle cable should be mounted behind where it is, closer to the carb. The TV cable goes at the bottom of the linkage, so it moves in the opposite direction when the gas pedal is pushed. You probably need a holley cable adapter...like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AOD-4L60-2004R- ... es&vxp=mtr

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Looks like you need a new TV cable too. That big kink in it can't be good.

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
DoubleV said:
Looks like you need a new TV cable too. That big kink in it can't be good.
no tv cable this is a th350 transmission its got a kick down cable which am gonna use .. am not with the other fools who take there kick down cable out. I need a bracket that sits on the hoieley carb and can be hooked up to the thottle and the kick down cable but what exact part I need I dnt know.. anyone?

thanks
reggie

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I thought you had a 2004r. My mistake.

I don't know what part number you need, but did you look at Summit? They have what you need and I'm sure it's pretty much spelled out in the description what application their various brackets are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor