Looks like another G dies by demo with out the chance to give its parts to another.

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I feel like we all have an obligation as "car people" to save what we can along our journey and that hopefully the dummies that destroy unnecessarily, maybe the car gods will send a little lifter tick to their daily driver. Haha! I find myself in a similar situation currently actually. A friend sent me a listing to an online storage auction a few days ago, not something I've ever done before but I noticed a completely stripped but freshly sandblasted and coated g-body chassis and then just a little bit of a Monte Carlo SS nose poking out behind a big pile of parts, engine, trans, wheels and tires. Then more and more I started seeing SS parts of a completely dismantled 80's icon. No body shell, doors or panels but everything else. Obviously I had to save this stuff if I could, right? I don't currently own a Monte or any G-body's and I paid I little more then I expected but it was worth it. I'm still sorting through all of it and trying to figure out what to do with it, either buy a car to build or find a buyer, but at least it didn't go to the derby or a scrapper or some ebay crook. Save what you can, when you can and chuckle if you see a "destroyer" broken down on the side of the road, because just maybe the car gods got them.
Right on. Maybe you can get a nibble or two in the For Sale section after you have a chance to go through it all. You're doing a good service to the community by saving those parts.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yaws Auto Salvage in Des Moines has had numerous g bodies over the years, and at one time had an identical to mine, but rotten, regal. Had super baked paint in the hood and fenders (looked like front half was in a fire, no evidence of engine fire), but pretty good shape. They proceeded to smash it with other cars, rip the header panel up to get the v6 out, tore up the ac box, left the windows down so the interior got trashed and full of bees, etc. And when I went to scrounge, they barked at me "DONT TOUCH THAT THATS JUNIORS RACE CAR". THEN WHY IS IT IN A ****ING PUBLIC JUNKYARD.

Last edited:

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
Right on. Maybe you can get a nibble or two in the For Sale section after you have a chance to go through it all. You're doing a good service to the community by saving those parts.
On one hand I wish I had the other half a Monte laying around, on the other I feel terrible that what seems like a super nice example of an SS is forever off the road. Going tomorrow morning to get the chassis and rear end, it was sandblasted also and yes I had to give it a spin, it's limited slip. What's a fella to do? I would have given anything to have some of these parts when I had G-body's years ago but now I'm in the opposite situation. I've always been a parts buyer (hoarder?) never (ever) a seller but this time it might end up making sense in the end.

Last edited:

Gearheadwilly

Apprentice
Apr 27, 2024
Yaws Auto Salvage in Des Moines has had numerous g bodies over the years, and at one time had an identical to mine, but rotten, regal. Had super baked paint in the hood and fenders (looked like front half was in a fire, no evidence of engine fire), but pretty good shape. They proceeded to smash it with other cars, rip the header panel up to get the v6 out, tore up the ac box, left the windows down so the interior got trashed and full of bees, etc. And when I went to scrounge, they barked at me "DONT TOUCH THAT THATS JUNIORS RACE CAR". THEN WHY IS IT IN A ****ING PUBLIC JUNKYARD.
I've seen that same mentality around here in Indiana. Makes absolutely no sense. Crush rust free stuff and ask a fortune for rusted out junk. If only car people actually ran the car world, right? Haha.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor