REGAL Replace Buick limited cluster with Cutlass rally cluster.

Gbrick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2021
I was toying with the idea of replacing my 1985 Buick limited cluster with a 1978-1988 cutlass tach & gauge cluster rallye pack gauges. I want to get rid off all the external tachs/ gauges and have it in one spot without breaking the bank. Has anyone ever done this?

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Don't know if it can be done using the regal dash without extensive modifications or hackery. Pretty easy if you use the cutlass dashboard and have the plug ends for the cutlass cluster, headlight switch ect. The regal harness can be used by having access to the olds and buick wiring diagrams and changing out the connector ends. Helped a buddy last summer put a GN drivetrain in an 84 hurst / olds and hooked it all up to the cutlass dashboard and cluster with the GN dash harness by re pinning all the connections.

Reactions: 3 users

Gbrick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2021
Don't know if it can be done using the regal dash without extensive modifications or hackery. Pretty easy if you use the cutlass dashboard and have the plug ends for the cutlass cluster, headlight switch ect. The regal harness can be used by having access to the olds and buick wiring diagrams and changing out the connector ends. Helped a buddy last summer put a GN drivetrain in an 84 hurst / olds and hooked it all up to the cutlass dashboard and cluster with the GN dash harness by re pinning all the connections.
Oh wow, it seems like a monumental task even for an experienced individual. I am not that individual. I also want to keep the the Buick - stuff that's on the passenger side.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
There used to be a good step by step write up of using a 90's lesabre cluster on turbobuick.com not sure if its still there or not. Used the existing buick dash and actually looked pretty good imo.

Reactions: 1 user

Gbrick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2021
There used to be a good step by step write up of using a 90's lesabre cluster on turbobuick.com not sure if its still there or not. Used the existing buick dash and actually looked pretty good imo.
Wait ...... Isn't that one digital?! That would be pretty sick.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
The one I was referring to was analog. There may be a digital swap too but the one I remember reading was an analog version about 15 years ago. Like this .
Screenshot_20240419-030521_YouTube.jpg

Gbrick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2021
The one I was referring to was analog. There may be a digital swap too but the one I remember reading was an analog version about 15 years ago. Like this .
View attachment 238077
Woow! I love that actually!
I guess it was this... the Reatta I've never heard of this before tbh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419-202456_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419-202456_Google.jpg
    785.5 KB · Views: 11

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Belive this might be the link for the how too. However no pics but tons of info

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Woow! I love that actually!
I guess it was this... the Reatta I've never heard of this before tbh.
You may also be interested in the digital setup from a '90-'96 Cadillac Fleetwood or even an '88-'93 Cutlass. hoped to perform that swap myself someday, though I don't know that they'll just drop in.
Screenshot_20221204-161516.png Screenshot_20221204-165831.png

Some of the Reattas had nice steering wheels too, and I happen to have a NOS one I'd like to sell.

Reactions: 1 users

Gbrick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2021
You may also be interested in the digital setup from a '90-'96 Cadillac Fleetwood or even an '88-'93 Cutlass. hoped to perform that swap myself someday, though I don't know that they'll just drop in.
View attachment 238083 View attachment 238082

Some of the Reattas had nice steering wheels too, and I happen to have a NOS one I'd like to sell.
Sorry I don't know if I deleted or edit a message, but it wasn't meant for this reply.
Anyhow... Can you send pics?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor