USPS- EEDIOTS!!!!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Made an Amazon order yesterday. Order in the next 14 hours and you'll have it by Wednesday...ok.

Just checked USPS status...WTF?

1698789482482.png

In case you're not Magellan, here's the map. SUM-TING-WONG....Amazon's Appling, GA Warehouse is MAYBE a 50 minute drive from my house with traffic!!!
Amazon Order USPS sucks.jpg

This ain't the first time. Amazon gave me about 80 bucks worth of free K-cup coffee when USPS screwed up and sent my last coffee order from Appling to Memphis, then to Atlanta, then somewhere else, and 8 days later it landed on my door step after they already gave me my money back. USPS blows azz sometimes. Sometimes they're good, but man, when they get it wrong.... only this time it MIGHT be Amazon because USPS says they haven't even received it from Amazon yet. WTF jackholes?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
This morning it showed it "went back" to Appling, and now at my local post office out for delivery.

But- I figured out the deal on this type of arrangement. They're not quite as f'd up as I thought they were. There's a method to their madness. Amazon does a "last mile" transfer of sorts to USPS. Amazon handles most of the shipping duties. Thing is, they have a contract with USPS to deliver 7 days a week as well, so USPS has to deliver Amazon packages on Sundays. And they're grumbling about that now. We'll see if that contract gets renewed. So if you see a mail truck running around on Sunday, it's ONLY for Amazon package delivery.

As I understand it, for the most part, Amazon does the handling/shipping UNTIL the last minute at the destination post office, and sends USPS updates for tracking from the start, but things don't always register sensibly. Rarely does an Amazon package get sent through the messed up USPS system for any length of time. But that does happen sometimes.

What they DON'T tell you is that if an item or items in your order is out of stock at the nearest warehouse, Amazon sends that locally out of stock piece(s) from a warehouse that does have the item(s) to your nearest shipping warehouse. Or could come from various warehouses if need be. All done via Amazon handling. And they send that info to USPS during the tracking updates. So it comes up APPEARING on USPS tracking as if the package is getting shipped all over the place, but it's really pieces of your order coming in to fulfill the order from your local Amazon warehouse.

As far as my coffee order, that was flat out and out USPS's fault as the package got to USPS then got shipped all over the place for over a week afterward. So USPS is still a bunch of Eediots.

And here's something about USPS that I hadn't had to deal with for a long time, but only found out recently:

USPS sells international money orders good in plenty of places around the world, even in sh*thole countries! Yay! But guess what? They NO LONGER SELL INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDERS FROM U.S. TO CANADA (as of 2019). Isn't that some f'd up sh*t? Seriously. Their website still shows you can, but in reality, you cannot. And USPS won't cash any Canada Post money orders, either. I guess it was a pi$$ing contest between Trump and Trudeau.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Amazon drops the ball too, I ordered something and the wrong thing showed up 3 times before they could get it right. That was more of a hassle than should have been.

Don't get me started on how they censor all negative feedback now, as well as ebay having regulations on that now. Feelings...🙄

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
This morning it showed it "went back" to Appling, and now at my local post office out for delivery.

But- I figured out the deal on this type of arrangement. They're not quite as f'd up as I thought they were. There's a method to their madness. Amazon does a "last mile" transfer of sorts to USPS. Amazon handles most of the shipping duties. Thing is, they have a contract with USPS to deliver 7 days a week as well, so USPS has to deliver Amazon packages on Sundays. And they're grumbling about that now. We'll see if that contract gets renewed. So if you see a mail truck running around on Sunday, it's ONLY for Amazon package delivery.

As I understand it, for the most part, Amazon does the handling/shipping UNTIL the last minute at the destination post office, and sends USPS updates for tracking from the start, but things don't always register sensibly. Rarely does an Amazon package get sent through the messed up USPS system for any length of time. But that does happen sometimes.

What they DON'T tell you is that if an item or items in your order is out of stock at the nearest warehouse, Amazon sends that locally out of stock piece(s) from a warehouse that does have the item(s) to your nearest shipping warehouse. Or could come from various warehouses if need be. All done via Amazon handling. And they send that info to USPS during the tracking updates. So it comes up APPEARING on USPS tracking as if the package is getting shipped all over the place, but it's really pieces of your order coming in to fulfill the order from your local Amazon warehouse.

As far as my coffee order, that was flat out and out USPS's fault as the package got to USPS then got shipped all over the place for over a week afterward. So USPS is still a bunch of Eediots.

And here's something about USPS that I hadn't had to deal with for a long time, but only found out recently:

USPS sells international money orders good in plenty of places around the world, even in sh*thole countries! Yay! But guess what? They NO LONGER SELL INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDERS FROM U.S. TO CANADA (as of 2019). Isn't that some f'd up sh*t? Seriously. Their website still shows you can, but in reality, you cannot. And USPS won't cash any Canada Post money orders, either. I guess it was a pi$$ing contest between Trump and Trudeau.
as you said a method to the madness. about 26-27 yrs ago, Dell computers shipped everything via UPS and a lot of it was flown in/out of the Memphis cargo hub (iirc). back then a computer was pc and a monitor. Dell figured out that rather than trying to marry up a pc built in Austin with a monitor manufactured in BFE while in transit, that it would be simpler to build a monitor factory in Memphis and ship directly from there once the pc from Austin arrived. (or something like that).

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
USPS strikes again. This time around it's ebay delivery. Absolutely no rush on this little part, but the fact that they keep telling me it's expected delivery date is this, then that, and now it's just blank and is "in transit to the next facility" is pretty bogus. This is the latest update. This is now Day 5 of it being about 3 hours drive away from me. Weird.

Ends up at 30267 (mystery hole, there is no zipcode) on Jan 9, then goes through Atlanta's hub, then back to 30267 yesterday afternoon. I imagine it's somewhere close to Atlanta, but this is getting completely stupid. At least it isn't lost, but still. Reminds me of those wild end of game football hail Mary kickoff runbacks where they keep running all over the field lateralling the ball to half a dozen players who seem like they're running in circles and taking 25 seconds to go 4 yards.

1705154264686.png

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
The shortest distance is NOT as a crow flies! I have flown from Amsterdam over Detroit to Dallas to then take a leg from Dallas to Detroit (my destination) That was on what was then NorthWorst Airlines .

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
The shortest distance is NOT as a crow flies! I have flown from Amsterdam over Detroit to Dallas to then take a leg from Dallas to Detroit (my destination) That was on what was then NorthWorst Airlines .

This is just they way airlines (and a lot of shipping companies) use hubs. It's impractical to do direct connections between every point in the network. So everything goes to a hub first. I've had customer shipments go from Houston to Cincinnati to Miami and then finally to Lima. It's always frustrating to see Fedex shipments originating in the North East go all the way to Memphis first, and then turn around and come back up North.

The one that gets me with the airlines is when you're going from Point A to Point B and it's cheaper to go with a connection via Point C. But not only that, flying Point A -> C -> B is cheaper than just flying Point A -> C

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
But USPS hub is in Atlanta. This is the weirdest thing. It's still bouncing around in the system somewhere. Why is it once it gets to Atlanta I can see pretty much any piece of mail or package within 3 days, but this one is floating around. Me thinks it may be damaged and they can't scan properly or someone's making mistakes.

The 13th it said it went BACK to Atlanta hub, then the 14th says it's in transit to the next facility. Whichever one that is. It's been in or near Atlanta for a week now. I don't care what company you use, this isn't about flight logistics.

Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
This is just they way airlines (and a lot of shipping companies) use hubs. It's impractical to do direct connections between every point in the network. So everything goes to a hub first. I've had customer shipments go from Houston to Cincinnati to Miami and then finally to Lima. It's always frustrating to see Fedex shipments originating in the North East go all the way to Memphis first, and then turn around and come back up North.

The one that gets me with the airlines is when you're going from Point A to Point B and it's cheaper to go with a connection via Point C. But not only that, flying Point A -> C -> B is cheaper than just flying Point A -> C
interesting article on that on CNN awhile back.... --> www.skiplagged.com

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor