USPS- EEDIOTS!!!!

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
Don't feel pregnant, they have done very similar to me. Packages go across country twice and then get to me. Remember, they're union and government subsidized.

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
interesting article on that on CNN awhile back.... --> www.skiplagged.com

Yeah, that's been around a few years now. Airlines are getting wise and black listing travelers who do it too much:

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
I work at the post office and I will admit we mess things up sometimes. So does Amazon, Ebay and others. One thing I can provide to clarify is that tracking information terms are not the same depending on where you seek it. I will suggest that if you are seeking tracking information for a package handled by the USPS that you go directly to the USPS website or app and get it there. There is "not" seamless sharing of information and terms that describe actions recorded between the different venders and shipping providers.

Bottom line, if you want accurate USPS tracking information, get it directly from the USPS. When the item is scanned when it first gets to your local post office its will say "arrival at unit" , nothing else. When the item has been given to your mail carrier for delivery to your address it will say "out for delivery" , nothing more.

If USPS tracking from the USPS website or app says they picked it up in GA, that's becaause Amazon directed USPS to pick it up there. It's not because the USPS sent it from AL to GA, for instance.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Even more wow. This is straight from the USPS website just a few minutes ago. I'm usually a relatively patient person, but I'm starting to wonder about Atlanta's USPS system to get it right. This, obviously, isn't the first time. And it's NOT an Amazon package. Once again, over a WEEK just in the Atlanta area just fluttering around. By my estimation, under normal circumstances, it should have been here about 4-ish days ago. It sat for 4 days at one center doing nothing, it appears. I'm only a 3-hour drive from Atlanta if I drive slow. Scary part is, Palmetto, GA is southwest of Atlanta. I'm a tick below due east. It's amazing. Usually, once Atlanta centers pull their heads out of their butts, I'll have it 2 days after it leaves Atlanta. I just don't know what their method is to the madness. I've had stuff delivered earlier this week that had gone through Atlanta after this package got there. Last time something like this happened, the package arrived in perfect condition, just way late. No labels torn or unreadable, scan codes would scan because I checked them. I don't know what their issues are.

Atlanta's logistics basically seems to suck. Prove me wrong, USPS.

1707395571675.png

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Even more wow. This is straight from the USPS website just a few minutes ago. I'm usually a relatively patient person, but I'm starting to wonder about Atlanta's USPS system to get it right. This, obviously, isn't the first time. And it's NOT an Amazon package. Once again, over a WEEK just in the Atlanta area just fluttering around. By my estimation, under normal circumstances, it should have been here about 4-ish days ago. It sat for 4 days at one center doing nothing, it appears. I'm only a 3-hour drive from Atlanta if I drive slow. Scary part is, Palmetto, GA is southwest of Atlanta. I'm a tick below due east. It's amazing. Usually, once Atlanta centers pull their heads out of their butts, I'll have it 2 days after it leaves Atlanta. I just don't know what their method is to the madness. I've had stuff delivered earlier this week that had gone through Atlanta after this package got there. Last time something like this happened, the package arrived in perfect condition, just way late. No labels torn or unreadable, scan codes would scan because I checked them. I don't know what their issues are.

Atlanta's logistics basically seems to suck. Prove me wrong, USPS.

View attachment 234835
Funny, replace Atlanta & related locations with Pittsburgh & I have been having the same tacking.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
UPDATE: They finally delivered the package, in PERFECT condition. I scanned it and it had the correct info and all that. WTF? Anyway, that's water under the bridge. Only took 2 weeks. But they continue to be idiots. Because....

...now it seems to be Chicago USPS. Even bigger idiots if this is true. Coming out of Toronto, I have an "international" package being sent. Not a big package, but about the size of a shoebox. If this is accurate, it's now in Carolina, Puerto Rico instead of making its way to me in South Carolina. REALLY? C'mon, man!

B-52's sang about it: "Roam if you want to, roam around the world..."

I hope this is wrong, but I'm not dismissing the power of stupidity.

1708009727309.png

• Wow

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Now I have traviler after they "accidentally" dropped my package off at a nearby office. Some how it was out for delivery from my office at one point.

Moving Through Network
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 18, 2024, 1:42 am

In Transit to Next Facility
March 17, 2024

PITTSBURGH PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 16, 2024, 10:57 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
WARRENDALE PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 16, 2024, 10:48 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WARRENDALE PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 16, 2024, 10:15 pm
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
CREEKSIDE, PA 15732
March 16, 2024, 8:13 am
Processing at USPS Facility
CREEKSIDE, PA 15732
March 16, 2024, 8:12 am
Out for Delivery
SHELOCTA, PA 15774
March 16, 2024, 7:59 am
Arrived at Post Office
CREEKSIDE, PA 15732
March 16, 2024, 7:48 am
JOHNSTOWN PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 16, 2024, 5:19 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
JOHNSTOWN PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 16, 2024, 12:56 am
PITTSBURGH PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 14, 2024, 1:47 pm
DENVER CO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 13, 2024, 7:30 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
DENVER CO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 12, 2024, 6:53 am
USPS in possession of item
PUEBLO, CO 81006
March 11, 2024, 3:28 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
PUEBLO, CO 81006
March 11, 2024, 1:36 pm

• Wow

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor