Wheel adapters 85 Elky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownianl

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
East Texas
I have a chance to score a set of wheels and tires from a 2010 Camaro, iroc looking knockoffs, for a good price. Will require using the wheel adapters to convert from 5x120 to 5x4.75. Seller tells me that using the adapters has no effect on handling, safety, etc. any thoughts? In the future I want to do the blazer spindle/c5 disc brake conversion will I have any interference issues?

Any advice is welcomed.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I.d also like to here some good info on this ,as this isn't my area of knowledge & I,ve constantly had people say i should buy camaro takeoffs to go along with my 2010 nose conversion.
I have read that the 5th gen camaro wheel sizing is inline with that from vettes.

Brownianl

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
East Texas
Hey JL,
I've checked out some of the pics of your "el-maro". I kinda dig it! The wheel topic is big for me, I can score the whole set, wheels and tires w/ only 500 miles on them for 400 bucks. I don't mind the adapter deal but want to be sure it doesn't interfere with the future brake upgrade I have planned. I will keep you posted on any info. I find.

Ian

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Brake interference should absolutely be no problem from spaced out 20" wheels with zero offset.Wheel well clearance,fittment,ride quality ,bearing life would be the concerns.

One of my concerns with switching to something like 20" wheels is I,m used to the feel of 15" wheels with a lot of padding between the potholes. Also wondering how much heavier lets say a 20' ss camaro wheel/ tire is over my cragar ss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor