Your car *WILL* get stolen!

powerhungry oxymoron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2009
Doober said:
It's doable... if someone hacks this site they can gain access to the IP address every single user has registered from. From there they can get a closer idea of where you live, then they will know where to look for the car. They may not find it for a while, but they'd know what it looks like. That's why I don't post specifics about what I've done security-wise with any of my vehicles, and you can be sure I've changed more than one thing to stop a would-be thief.

Sure that could happen if I wasn't using a laptop on city provided wireless with rotating ips. Then they'd have to find a car that is currently locked in a garage hidden behind my house. I work only four blocks from my house and my wife is always home. My driveway runs down the side of my house within view of my living room. I'm not just going to give out information if I wasn't sure of my cars current security. Why would anyone spend that much effort to steal a beaten down g-body like mine.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Doober said:
It's doable... if someone hacks this site they can gain access to the IP address every single user has registered from. From there they can get a closer idea of where you live, then they will know where to look for the car. They may not find it for a while, but they'd know what it looks like. That's why I don't post specifics about what I've done security-wise with any of my vehicles, and you can be sure I've changed more than one thing to stop a would-be thief.

To whoever is reading this and looking up my IP address...I have done nothing to secure my winter ride against theft...it's a blue Pathfinder and it starts up great. I'll leave it full of gas at all times...please enjoy it and don't complain to me about the gas milage

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
pontiacgp said:
To whoever is reading this and looking up my IP address...I have done nothing to secure my winter ride against theft...it's a blue Pathfinder and it starts up great. I'll leave it full of gas at all times...please enjoy it and don't complain to me about the gas milage

:rofl:

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
pontiacgp said:
Priceless :lol:

I was just referring to telling the location of said anti-theft devices. Being an open forum anyone can read it :)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The IP address is one thing but I have seen pictures posted of some real nice cars with the licence place visible...that's risky in my opinion...

and I want to add a caveat to my other post....I do have a locked gas cap so if you were just planning on just taking the valuable stuff your stuck taking the Pathfinder along with it... :)

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
ihate to tell you my friend but a locking gas cap can easily be broken. ive lost my keys to those numerous times. and as for the article discussion itself, im not afraid of theives. my car sitts right under my window in a locked driveway that is blocked by a POS ford exploder. and not to mention the chrome DESERT EAGLE .45 that is accompanied by a MOSSBURG 590 pump. so anyone trying to even take a gander at my G-BODY, if my 65 lb Pit or 78 lb Lab/Bull Masiff isnt out, will be taking a trip to county(morgue or county you pick). and yes there are signs about my dogs and no trespassing signs. there is plenty of warnings.... :evil:

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
That 4 door guy said:
ihate to tell you my friend but a locking gas cap can easily be broken. ive lost my keys to those numerous times. and as for the article discussion itself, im not afraid of theives. my car sitts right under my window in a locked driveway that is blocked by a POS ford exploder. and not to mention the chrome DESERT EAGLE .45 that is accompanied by a MOSSBURG 590 pump. so anyone trying to even take a gander at my G-BODY, if my 65 lb Pit or 78 lb Lab/Bull Masiff isnt out, will be taking a trip to county(morgue or county you pick). and yes there are signs about my dogs and no trespassing signs. there is plenty of warnings.... :evil:

You know, that may be one of the best security devices, pitbulls in your locked area, where you car is (there are some sick SOBs out there who would no doubt shoot tranquilizer guns tho, I wouldn't put it past them).

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
i agree with you. ive had people feed my german shep antifreeze(R.I.P Athena). but my dogs bark at a leave blowing if im not outside with them. but all in all i have three kill switches, an alarm, battery is out, and no steering wheel. plus i have a 4 door cutlass. not many people find these things too valuable. my car is stock. even has the original 8 track. never wrecked or nothin. so if any one wants to risk life and limb for a un-stealable car thats in a driveway behind a locked gate, which is in turn blocked by a broked down ford exploder, then by all means come on over. but as for the cardomain page, it looks good man. check mine out http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3825436

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Thanks for the comment bro. Checked out your ride and rated you 5 stars. Love the 4 door. Btw, my girlfriend was here and when she saw your pic she said you were cute haha. :roll: Keep me posted on your progress, I added you to my friend's list.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
pontiacgp said:
The IP address is one thing but I have seen pictures posted of some real nice cars with the licence place visible...that's risky in my opinion...

I'm guilty of that...
If somebody can see my license plate driving down the road or sitting in a parking lot, there's no point in covering it up in a picture...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor