Grand Prix Dash swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
So over the winter to top off my regal build i will be installing a gbody grand prix dash. I was curious how many ppl have done this and like it? Also what are some affordable/budget gauges i could go with? I'm thinking, Tach, speedo, boost, oil press and Temp? I believe electrical gauges are the ones i want, correct?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19155 Adam was selling a VDO set up in a GP dash. Not sure if he still has it, but it's worth a look-see. I like the stock GP set up.
P1200059-1.jpg

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
i stil have a gauge assembly for sale if you`re interested. Mine has the clock instead of the tach though. There pictures in my for sale post (Iwould post them again but I lost them with the new computer)
Dean

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I think electric gauges are the easiest to install, though mechanical are probably more accurate. Adam used VDO's and they looked very cool.

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
does anyone know about swapping this dash into a regal? Right now i have an 87 turbo regal dash.

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
I got a mint dash, center console, and steering column out of the junkyard about a year ago and still haven't swapped them into my el camino yet. I decided on black for the interior but still don't know how many gauges I want to use! But soon it will be getting swapped in......hopefully.

Possumz

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Had anyone done the swap into the Monte Carlo with the GP dash. I have seen the Mexico SS with the dash. Has anyone got any pics of their swaps into any Buick, Olds. or any others. :eek:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Possumz said:
Had anyone done the swap into the Monte Carlo with the GP dash. I have seen the Mexico SS with the dash. Has anyone got any pics of their swaps into any Buick, Olds. or any others. :eek:
I been looking around also man I cant find many.

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
couple of people have it done over at montecarloss.com

this is what it looks in their monte

100_0444.jpg

_DSC2152-01.jpg

_DSC2118.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

pics taken from members ' SS Ninja' and ' Sixtoes1313 ;

really looks nice, think i might actually do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor