Grand Prix Dash swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
As far as putting one in, from what I have read is that on most cars you need to modify or move some of the brackets that are used to bolt the dash in. Otherwise it's a direct fit.

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
As far as putting one in, from what I have read is that on most cars you need to modify or move some of the brackets that are used to bolt the dash in. Otherwise it's a direct fit.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If I'm not mistaken. The duct system under the dash might not always be compatible. So if you pick up a GP dash, you might also want the duct system from it as well.

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
I love my dash..factory pontiac...if you have the housings for the old gauges, with a little bit of...and i'm really talking about just a little bit of fileing 2-1/16 gauges fit in perfectly.

DSC_7668.jpg

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
1980PontiacWagon said:
I love my dash..factory pontiac...if you have the housings for the old gauges, with a little bit of...and i'm really talking about just a little bit of fileing 2-1/16 gauges fit in perfectly.
=========================================================================================================
What brand gauges are you using..SW or VDO? They look good in there. I have an extra Pontiac gauge housing that I was modifying for aftermarket gauges. You're absolutely right, they need to be filed out slightly to fit 2 1/8" or 2 1/16" gauges. However, the speedometer and tachometer openings are a bit too large for 3 3/8" gauges. Actually i think 5" speedo and tach would look better in there. But they would also need to be opened up a bit as well.

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
Grand Prix Dash

Surprise Surprise everyone. Finally got a chance to grab this outta my pops shed, had it sittin there for about a yr. Grabbed alot of other stuff so soon my turbo regal dash, Turbo T 15x8 alum wheels & Ttops will be up for sale plus many other parts. I ordered SEMs graphit grey vinyl dye it.

Attachments

• gpdash.jpg
    gpdash.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,461

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Nice keep us posted! Il be paying close attention for my upcoming swap.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's an old pic of Adam's dash. He was selling the gauges and gauge pods the last I heard.

viewphoto.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I still cant find a good GP dash :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor