Grand Prix Dash swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Someone_Much_Cooler said:
im interested. do you have adams contact infomation?
========================================================================================================
I'll send you a PM. I don't know if the gauges are still available, but it's worth a try.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Don't forget the Bonneville's had the same dash.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
1978 to 1981 Lemans and Grand Lemans, then they changed the name to Bonneville
1982 tp 1986 Bonnevilles.............
The bonnevilles also have the extra front sway bar along with the jounce bars
and don't forget the wagons.

These all have the Grand Prix Dash
Grand Prix had them from 78 to 87..

i have some dashes but don't want to ship them. Too much money.
So, if your between Tennessee and Iowa, let me know soon, as I'll be making a round trip soon.

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
ok heres the update:
the shawti @ sherwin williams called me today & said they cant get me the color vinyl dye i need to do the dash. Any1 got any recomendations? Id perfer something that can be gotten locally?
If not a supplier like the eastwood company could do?

Next does anyone have the underdash wireing schematic or a labeling of everything & where things go for the Grand Prix & the Regal. Are there any diffances aside from the a/c vents.

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
So after pulling the harness out the grand prix dash, I found a few misc wires & plugs coming out the harness. Can anyone help me trouble shoot & find out where these wires go & what they power? Also does anyone know how to hook up/power door speakers?

Attachments

• P9110976.JPG
    P9110976.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,181
  • P9110975.JPG
    P9110975.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,188
  • P9110974.JPG
    P9110974.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,184

canadiantbone

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2011
British Columbia
If you are going to dye the dash , make sure that it is very clean . Wash with warm water & soap . My dash was originally brown , dyed it black . Now it resides in my Cutlass . the other picture is of a gp dash in my old malibu . These are my favourite g body dash .

cuttygoodies006.jpg

tzcar001.jpg

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
canadiantbone, what was the process you used to dye your dash? Was it dye or paint? Did you use an adhesive or activator? What name brand dye did you use? Where did you get it? Your dash looks nice, what complications did you run into swappin it into the cutty? BTW what is the lil circle in between the Speedo & the Tach?

The fiberglass portion of my dash got cracked a lil, any ideas on how to repair it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor