1986 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.

86 maroon gp 2+2

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2010
Oxford, MI
After tearing it apart and looking at the car it looks like the damage is irreversible due to my lack of funds :( The roof is creased on the passenger side and the firewall is pushed in slightly. I'm going to look at a 81 grand prix that has the special power leather viscount seats, all brand new suspension components, and a 4 speed setup. Perfect candidate for the dugnash my dad has and will be looking at this Saturday. Another car that I will be looking at not this Saturday but very soon is a 84 h/o. My plans for the 2+2 are to use it as a parts car, will use 2+2 aerocoupe window, deck lid, all that jazz on the 81 if I get it

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Sorry to hear that the car is in worse shape than you thought. I understand your decision, but I was looking forward to see ing the 2+2 being brought back to roadworthy condition. Hope everything works out OK with your next car.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Ditto

86 maroon gp 2+2

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2010
Oxford, MI
so I know you all are going to hate but this is all I could get out of my brother, he wouldn't help with the funds to rebuild it but he did offer to let me pick between a 75-79 chevy nova or 84-88 fiero. I picked the fiero for a number of reasons, #1 great gas millage, #2 easier to find a stick rather than finding a nova with one, #3 I really like the look of the fastback model. I will still be on here from time to time to look at all of wonderful projects gbodyforum especially yours gbodyvet! As soon as I pay back my brother for the fiero I'll start saving up for yet another gbody and when that time comes o what a surprise I have for you guys ;)

Attachments

• Fiero 11.JPG
    Fiero 11.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,280
  • Fiero 9.JPG
    Fiero 9.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 1,267
  • Fiero 6.JPG
    Fiero 6.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,274

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I have a friend who has a couple of these cars, including one with a V8 in it. There is alot you can do with them. Good luck with the Fiero, I hope you have fun with it. When you get back into the G bodies, let us know what you've got.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Put a GN V6 in there. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor