'83 Regal LTD build *9/17 update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Re: Starting my signature build

I did leave the entire strip "polished" at first, but it looked bad with the lines.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

Well I got my pushrods yesterday and some spark plugs ( AC R43S ) My balancer is on order from IN and should be here by Friday. I ended up ordering a Professional Products 6 3/4" balancer weighs 8.36lbs, only $45 through work :p I will be picking up my aluminum Crane roller rockers w/girdles for $100 this weekend, from the guy that did my heads 8) and I will also be ordering a SummitRacing steel unpainted oil pan for $26 tomorrow :mrgreen:

I am so excited to be getting this finished :!:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

So, my black anodized Moroso fuel pump block off plate (Moroso 65395) and my oil pan are on their way.

Does anyone know where I can find an old oil filler tube for my intake that isn't chrome? :blam: I cannot stand chrome and I am getting really tired of sanding and painting brand new parts.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH

RITTER said:
So, my black anodized Moroso fuel pump block off plate (Moroso 65395) and my oil pan are on their way.

Does anyone know where I can find an old oil filler tube for my intake that isn't chrome? :blam: I cannot stand chrome and I am getting really tired of sanding and painting brand new parts.

Before doing that, I might try to find a different intake. Beside not being a fan of the torker(old technology) a used performer rpm would get rid of the oil tube and perform better. I know it's hard to buy parts that you already have covered but you may be beyyer off just biting the bullet on this one. Although this is just my opinion.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

The guy that did my heads built a motor with the same heads I have and the same camshaft and used a Torker and made unbelieveable power (I would have to look at his dyno report to be exact) but his horsepower was 43x and the torque was even more. I have other intakes, but I am starting with this one. I have a Performer, Performer RPM Air-Gap, and a Torker II intake. I also have a Weiand Team G somewhere.

BTW, I don't have to run an oil tube, I want to run an oil tube. The intake has a freeze plug in the hole right now :wink:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Re: Starting my signature build *update Feb 5 more pics*

So I painted my intake gold to match the block and then used a ultra fine paint brush to paint the lettering on the intake. I love the way it turned out 8)
no28.jpg

no27.jpg

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

I just purchased a new water pump for the engine and was trying to decide if I should paint it black or gold :?:

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York

Ritter,
Thank you for the thread, I enjoy it...If it were me, I'd paint the water pump black...You don't wannna have too much gold under the hood...The black water pump will offset rather nicely to go with your valve covers!! 8)

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys :p I ended up doing it black and it looks fantastic. As soon as I get the timing cover (actually) installed and get the water pump and balancer on it I will put a couple more pictures up :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor