May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
That is ridiculous :shock:

Have you talked to SpeedWay about this yet :?: What did they say :?:

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo
Called speedway motors, they are going to send a box so I can ship my part back. I will not be running this calipers on my car, I do not advise anyone else too. Really scary stuff...

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
wow i have never seen that. I have never seen issues with regular napa replacements. My suggestion is if you want the upgrades calipers go with the blazer dual piston calipers and spindles

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
The main reason the standard caliper from, any parts store really, is not going to be a weak part, is because they are original factory calipers that are just rebuilt. I still can't believe this could happen (just an exclamatory statement). That is just insane :|

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
This is a first for me too...Its possible the part was dropped from a building before it was painted and shipped...bizaroo

87canadiancutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2011
Alberta Canada
Stupid question. What do you mean about manual brake swap? Does that mean that you changed the master cylinder? Maybe it would produce more pressure. If the master piston is larger than original it would produce more pressure.

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
Holy crap! :shock: I have never seen or heard of that ever happening before. It's really fortunate that it happened before you were on the road.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I think Speedway would have a lawsuit on their hands if it killed somebody... :shock: what are they going to do to rectify the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor