Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Anyone have any night shots of the beam pattern

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Now my next question is: What brands to people run for their HID kit? I run DDM in the truck like i said i have them in highs and fogs. Had them in lows but the ballast failed on one side after 8 months. Lifetime warranty but have had no luck with them replacing the ballast over the past 2 months. Kind of concerning. I can get everything i need to convert to HID from DDM for around $130. Now there are other brand out there that are a lot more money but i hear good things about, such as Morimoto 3five kits from theretrofitsource.com but would be looking at roughly $320 to do both the low beams and the high beams. So is the extra change worth it, i suppose is the biggest question.

As far as wiring is concerned i have finally sorted all of that out lol

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Being that its not a daily driver i may just stick with the ddm and if i ever have to replace a ballast so be it. would only cost like $12 anyways. The car will get limited miles anyways. Whats everyone elses input on this?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I bought a ddm kit for my car a while back and a kit for my truck. Biggest junk I've ever seen and never worked consistently. I am also very leary of their wiring harness. Cheap terminals and wire. Not something I would trust.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
So what would you use?

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Did u get directional housings or the cheap Chinese ones that let the beam go everywhere and blind on coming traffic?

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
i got the nice glass reflector housings. they are ecode. not the cheap reflector plastic ebay ones or the stupid ebay fake projectors

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Btw here are the morimoto kits i was looking at. only problem with them is i dont see a stand low 9004 so i would have to outsource that if i went with them.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... s_id=12824

BTW I notice there are 3 votes for keeping Halogen lights. Guys please chime in on why you suggest that.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
weird as i mention my experience with ddm not getting back to me about the warranty on the bad ballast on my truck and they just emailed me back with an RMA #. Kind of changes my opinion a little bit

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I would just go with a halogen and call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor