My 85 Elco Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
[quote="kuruption109]man u puttin in work!!!!![/quote]

Thanks bro, been waiting a long time to get to work on it, and still have a lot to go. After all this motor work I need to strippin the paint like you. How much paint stripper and those stripping wheels did you end up using. I'm trying to gage the cost.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
MAN!!! Lookin good bruh! You puttin in maaajor work. Thats wassup. Keep us updated :D

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Yessir. been lurking for a while and you 80z babiez guys looked like you were having all the fun. I'm trying to catch up to you, I hope it ends up looking half as good as any of your two rides.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
I will be watchin your build good luck,I see you startin off right tearin it down and puttin new stuff on it,at least you can get your lil bro to help,mine came over sat on my couch this weekend and watched the playoffs while I was bustin my knuckles :evil: .

:rofl: We need to trade brothers then man, I told him if he helped me FRI SAT and SUN i'll pay for his prom ticket ($80) he did decent work fri, i gave him the money and havn't seen him since :blam: but it's cool he moves too slow for me and his bdays coming up

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
richp85elco said:
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
I will be watchin your build good luck,I see you startin off right tearin it down and puttin new stuff on it,at least you can get your lil bro to help,mine came over sat on my couch this weekend and watched the playoffs while I was bustin my knuckles :evil: .

:rofl: We need to trade brothers then man, I told him if he helped me FRI SAT and SUN i'll pay for his prom ticket ($80) he did decent work fri, i gave him the money and havn't seen him since :blam: but it's cool he moves too slow for me and his bdays coming up
lol u probably wont see him till after from ...and wow my prom ticket is $120

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Looking Good Richp85elco. Hit me up if you ever need some help.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Dayuuummm Brah!!! Know thats getting down and dirty....I will be keeping track of your post, I got all excited when I was going through your post, i love what your doing so far...keep up the good work brah...If you need help from time to time, let me know Im in South Gate, but work in Long Beach, willow and temple brah....

Big Saint
80zbabiez

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Thanks for all the support, looks like thers a lot of helping hands. Just doing alot of the dirty work right now, so its nothing too exciting unless you like sanding, painting and degreasing lol.

I've been sanding, wire wheeling, and painting a lot lately so heres some updates:

Sorry for the bad picture quality, I was using an old phone that had a good camera but while degreasing I got it wet and it died on me. Just imagine everything 10 times better!

Frame in primer
0501111402.jpg

Control arms, jounce bars, sway bars in primer.

0506111157.jpg

Sway bars and jounce bars in red. I know its cliche, I really wanted them a dark purple but couldn't find the paint locally and didn't want to order it. Plus my lady said to do it red so i dedicated those parts to her. lol They look a lot better in person, its a real dark red.

0508111129.jpg

Frame and control arms are gloss black, not as shiny as you would think. But man it looks good, especially when compared to what it used to look like.

0508111102.jpg

Paint needs to cure for a week so I should start reassembling front end this weekend if the rain forecasted goes away.

Also got the engine ready for paint, that engine enamel is no joke i wish i had a sand blaster or something because it did not want to come off. It's going to get painted black, there hasn't been much sun lately so waiting for the weather to clear up first. Then the fun starts

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
richp85elco said:
Thanks for all the support, looks like thers a lot of helping hands. Just doing alot of the dirty work right now, so its nothing too exciting unless you like sanding, painting and degreasing lol.

I've been sanding, wire wheeling, and painting a lot lately so heres some updates:

Sorry for the bad picture quality, I was using an old phone that had a good camera but while degreasing I got it wet and it died on me. Just imagine everything 10 times better!

Frame in primer
0501111402.jpg

Control arms, jounce bars, sway bars in primer.

0506111157.jpg

Sway bars and jounce bars in red. I know its cliche, I really wanted them a dark purple but couldn't find the paint locally and didn't want to order it. Plus my lady said to do it red so i dedicated those parts to her. lol They look a lot better in person, its a real dark red.

0508111129.jpg

Frame and control arms are gloss black, not as shiny as you would think. But man it looks good, especially when compared to what it used to look like.

0508111102.jpg

Paint needs to cure for a week so I should start reassembling front end this weekend if the rain forecasted goes away.

Also got the engine ready for paint, that engine enamel is no joke i wish i had a sand blaster or something because it did not want to come off. It's going to get painted black, there hasn't been much sun lately so waiting for the weather to clear up first. Then the fun starts
:shock: :shock: VERY NICE NOTHING BETTER THAN PROGRESS!!!!

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
looking good, i wish when I was doing project elko i would of followed your process...keep pics coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor