My 85 Elco Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmaster093

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2011
if you were closer have a complete rust free 82 up clip with inners, core support, header pannel,fenders,hood, rad,and shroud

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
if you still looking for a delete plate heres on on craigslist,.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pt ... 07888.html

Good lookin out saint, I think I'm going to keep the AC, when I got the car the P.O gave me a brand new compressor. So when I get the funds i'd like to get it working again. I;m just going to run the car without the ac belt on for the moment.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
:evil: If I was in Cali i would be so on that,Tried makin one and aint get holes right,any one wanna in L.A. grab that for the Homie and make $10 dollars for there troubles I will buy it off you...

20$ +10$ + shipping and your half way to a nice one like saint got from ebay and you wont need to paint it or go hunting for hardware to install it, I think that black anodized one they have would look sick in your engine compartment.

dragonmaster093 said:
if you were closer have a complete rust free 82 up clip with inners, core support, header pannel,fenders,hood, rad,and shroud

Thanks but I have all those parts, I'm running 79 fenders to eliminate the side marker and they only has light surface rust, and I have a new steel 2inch cowl hood its just faded from sitting in the sun, and Ill be running electric fans so no need for fan shroud.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Took a trip to the wrecking yard and came up on an upper fan shroud, a grand prix bar, a couple radiater x braces, a couple front spoilers, and fender to core support braces, so it was a good day.

0521111325.jpg

Then I got the Firewall + master cylinder painted

0522111723.jpg

Suspension reassembled and steering (almost) and it finally has its shoes on again...

0523111335.jpg

0520111105.jpg

Also got the block painted a couple days ago so I'm still waiting for the paint to cure and then I should be starting with the cam and lifter swap, new timing set, manifold, and I'm still trying to decide which carb to use. Its between SMI quadrajet and the two other usual suspect, Holly or Edelbrock.

Couple questions
I finally got the pitman arm off after almost beating it to death.. pitman arm puller didn't help, so i used a heat gun and hammered it off which worked pretty smoothly. Now the problem is I cannot get it on the new steering box.
I have already tried heating it again and lightly hammering on it and its half way there but I dont want to damage the new box. Any suggestions? Or does anyone wanna come down and school me on how to get it on? I'll supply the beer haha

Also since I wont be using the computer anymore and if I still want to use a quadrajet, would I have to use a non electronic one and if so how would you set up the choke? and could you convert it to electric choke?

Thanks

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Nice come up barh, which yard to go to ......I can never find what im looking for at the Pick o Part in wilmington!! dayum it!!!!...lmao....

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Nice come up barh, which yard to go to ......I can never find what im looking for at the Pick o Part in wilmington!! dayum it!!!!...lmao....

Wilmington lol I think im going to go again this friday its half off and I need a double hump cross memeber for dual exhaust and maybe some wiring stuff. Let me know what you need and if I can find it I'll scoop it up for you

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
richp85elco said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:

Wilmington lol I think im going to go again this friday its half off and I need a double hump cross memeber for dual exhaust and maybe some wiring stuff. Let me know what you need and if I can find it I'll scoop it up for you

KOOL KOOL.....good looking out....but I think ok for know...i really cant think of what i need at the moment, but if i do i will let you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor