May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I found it :!:

ECH# EC80

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you put in an after marketgauge and your idiot lite is disconnected then you will need the resistor...

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Ok so I picked up my ec82 from napa today. Just wanna make sure its right. My car is factory idiot lights. Never seen em light up when I turn key on. I have a sunpro volt meter in floor so I ordered resistor harness. Is this tight it will it screw stuff up if the idiot light us operational and I don't know it

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
ok so heres the issue i am noticing. i just tested the ohms resistance of the brown wire through ground and i come up with 30.1 ohms. looks like i need 35 which would make the plug i bought correct. however when i hook up the ec82 connector i still get the same reading. looking under the wire loom on the adapter i notice they are just 2 wires, no resistors. Ritter can you figure out if i just got a mis packaged item or what. also am i measuring the resistance correctly,

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
The resistor adpater harness is the ECH# EC80 :idea:

As far as anything using a multimeter, I am clueless :oops: That is one area that I have not much experience in. I can wire some stuff up, but anything past a circuit tester is beyond my knowledge :|

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'd wire it up without the resistor since you don't have gauges and if it doesn't charge then add the resistor

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
pontiacgp said:
RITTER said:
I found it :!:

ECH# EC80

that's the # with no resistor

EC82 is the part # with the resistor

Well what's with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor