Cutlass Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraido2002

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2010
Mid Michigan
Haven't done much this winter but I have been trying to tie up some loose ends with the stereo. I got the box built so it will fit up on the rear shelf, built an amp rack in the middle on some drawer sliders for easy access, then have been working on laying out the wires the way I want them. I also bought some tech flex to make everything look clean.

fraido2002

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2010
Mid Michigan
Great news, I finally figured out how to install the trunk shocks I got a while back from teh junk yard. I had to make another trip because I forgot to take pictures of exactly where they go but in doing so I ended up with a second set of those trunk shocks, and I also came across some t top bags. A little elbow grease and the t top bags were nice and shiny again. Anyway, back to the trunk. In order to make those trunk shocks work on a car equipped with strut bars, a little clearancing was needed. I didn't want to do it, but i need to cut quite a bit of the assebly away.

Then I was finally able to set my speaker box in.

It turned out pretty good, I might make another one later, i would like to make a cover plate for the entire box and it currently sits flush with the trunk seal by the rear window, so I would need to make it about an inch narrower.

Reactions: 1 user

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I just went through this start to finish again and gotta say, it's builds like these that really help to keep me motivated when I start to feel overwhelmed by all I have left to do.

Great job and thanks for sharing the process!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor