Status
Not open for further replies.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Re: New aftermarket Oldsmobile cutlass supreme bezels and gr

wonderboy24 said:
awesome to hear they are working on the chrome seat covers,if they look anything like the head light brazel and grills they are going to be awesome
X2....I can sure use a new set myself.

Indycutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2011

Tobey, I am still interested in both. Blade grills and bezels. Let me know. I will have my car out at the NMCA in Indy next weekend.
Thanks,
Matt

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA

Yeah, def think I'm gonna need the bezels too. Can't have a fresh new grille without matching bezels lol. They are lookin sweet man.

KmK442

Apprentice
Aug 29, 2012

I think they look great, way better than the original grille

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812

tobyp said:
88hurstolds said:
When doing the laser measureing etc... did you guys also take in consideration the thickness of the chrome when applied?
Perhaps maybe that is why the parts are coming out a little thicker???

It wouldn't hurt to add strenth to the gussets by making the webbing thicker and filleting the edges.

I am unsure of the thickness of the chrome being thicker. I have NOS grilles on my 81, but it is over at my off site garage. Brian seems to think they are heavier but I would want to compare and weigh to see that difference if any. They are chroming the items at 28-35u thickness and the factory was more than likely thick like this as well. I'll mic the differences and report when I get the car back out.

Grills being heavier Toby ;) Weigh them. You need to get the foot back into the signature pictures :D

Kwiks83

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2012

I am ready for bezels when you are ready to send em, lol. Seems like everyone is out of the passenger side and mine is broke and the driver side is definately wore out. So pm as soon as they are ready man and keep up the GREAT work!

rangertom

Greasemonkey
Sep 2, 2012
Independence, MO

Those bezels and grills look amazing, i'll definetly be getting a set of both when they are available ! Keep up the great work, having new parts available really motivates me to get my cutlass back up to standards... Here is a question for you though, have you thought about making a new aftermarket front license plate bracket, i live in MO and am required to have a front plate but i have looked high and low and can't find an original in any condition :( i've thought about making something myself but really want to stick with an original... either way what your doing is awesome and can't wait to place my order :D

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011

rangertom said:
Those bezels and grills look amazing, i'll definetly be getting a set of both when they are available ! Keep up the great work, having new parts available really motivates me to get my cutlass back up to standards... Here is a question for you though, have you thought about making a new aftermarket front license plate bracket, i live in MO and am required to have a front plate but i have looked high and low and can't find an original in any condition :( i've thought about making something myself but really want to stick with an original... either way what your doing is awesome and can't wait to place my order :D
where at in MO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor