Cutlass Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Cutlass is lookin good so far. Lookin forward to seein it put together. You definitely are puttin all the right parts in.

I will be boxing my frame soon and I was wondering what gauge steel did you use to box your frame?

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Looks great! :)

Thanks for the purchase, we appreciate the business! If there was any delay in shipping on our end I apologize... those A-Arms have been extremely popular and we can't make them fast enough right now. But I hope they were worth the wait.

You can use stock springs if you prefer. Lowering springs will offer better performance since the rates are better. The Eibach springs for the G-Body are very decent and drop the car around 1.250". The Hotchkis springs are some of the best but are over a $100 more a set... they would drop it 1" so just a tad higher than Eibach with higher rates as well.

I hope that helps!
Ryan

cutty651

Greasemonkey
Aug 14, 2011
Minnesota
ryan will that setup work with 20" rims on a cutlass or will it be to low have them on there now and its allready not much clearence if not any idea"s on what kit will work thought of hotchkis still thinking what will work and i was curious if i could raise it up with bigger springs so i could get more tire clearence any ideas money aint a big problem so any bodey got advise very apreciated still a rookie learning thank

88Classic

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2011
Lansing, IL
Great work. Can't wait to tear mine apart like that.

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
Looking really good, lots of progress! If you need a hand with any of it let me know, I'm not far away. Hopefully you can get it done before next summer and we can do some cruising :)

fraido2002

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2010
Mid Michigan
Well I got my frame and misc parts back from the sandblaster the other day so now I can start reassembling my suspension. I've been having a hell of a time getting my front springs in. Maybe if I put the engine in I would have an easier time, but I don't want to put it in yet. I decided to paint my bilstein shocks because I was not a fan of the yellow and blue.
Picture023.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture024.jpg

So I have pretty much one side finished up. Just got to do something about that ugly used rotor.

Picture030.jpg

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
fraido2002 said:
Well, It definately wasn't cheap, i had my console, dash, and arm rests done. It cost about 2700 for all of that.
Wow!

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Thats some great progress on the frame and suspension. I had a heck of a time putting my springs in WITH the whole car. Had to use an all thread rod, two jacks, and two people and still almost killed myself....lol. Keep posting those pictures...awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor